Utility Line Worker
The Northwest Mississippi Community College Utility Line Worker program is designed to prepare students for the electrical power transmission and distribution industry.
- Program is offered at the Olive Branch campus ONLY
- 16 week (1 semester) program which meets 5 days per week
- Career Certificate
- Fall and Spring Enrollments
- Program Application Dates:
- Fall Admission Applications open on March 1
- Spring Admission Applications open on September 15
How do I get into the Utility Line Worker Program?
- Complete an Application for Admissions to the college.
- Complete an Application to the Utility Line Worker program.
- Submit Memorandum of Understanding (Click here for form)
- Submit a copy of valid Driver’s License
- Submit a copy of valid Class A CDL Permit (Click here for more information)
- Submit a copy of MVR. (Click here for website)
- Submit a DOT Physical – Can be completed at any physician’s office
- Submit a DOT Drug Screen from an approved FMCSA provider (Due no earlier than 30 days prior to the first day of class – special instructions will be included in acceptance letter) (Due no earlier than 30 days prior to the first day of class)
- Must provide own tools. (Click here for tool list)
All Documents can be submit in person at the DeSoto Campus or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org