Utility Line Worker
The Northwest Mississippi Community College Utility Line Worker program is designed to prepare students for the electrical power distribution industry.
- Program is offered at the Olive Branch campus ONLY
- 16 week (1 semester) program which meets 5 days per week
- Career Certificate
- Fall and Spring Enrollments
- Program Application Dates:
- Fall Admission Applications open on March 1
- Spring Admission Applications open on September 15
How do I get into the Utility Line Worker Program?
Applications received after October 1, 2023 will be considered for the alternate list. In order to be added to the alternate list, applicants must complete all steps and submit documents listed below. Seats for this program are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Complete an Application for Admissions to the college.
- Complete an Application to the Utility Line Worker program.
- Submit Memorandum of Understanding (Click here for form)
- Submit a copy of valid Driver’s License
- Submit a copy of valid Class A CDL Permit (Click here for more information)
- Submit a copy of MVR. (Click here for website)
- Submit a DOT Physical – Can be completed at any physician’s office
- Submit a DOT Drug Screen from an approved FMCSA provider (Due no earlier than 30 days prior to the first day of class – special instructions will be included in acceptance letter) (Due no earlier than 30 days prior to the first day of class)
- Must provide own tools. (Click here for tool list)
All Documents can be submit in person at the DeSoto Campus or emailed to email@example.com