The mission of Career-Technical Education at Northwest Mississippi Community College is to be the work skills training provider for northwest Mississippi. As such,the College offers Associate of Applied Science degrees, Technical Certificates, Career Certificates, Work-Based Learning, and the support programs needed to help students succeed throughout their education and/or training, such as:
• Beverly Brewer Stark Career Center
• Career-Tech Education Support Services Lab
Career Tech courses may have state licensing requirements. A license in Mississippi may be valid in another state - here is a list of courses and State Licence Validation.
For further information about Career Technical programs please complete the inquiry form here.
Career and Technical Program Admissions
Students are required to meet the general admission requirements for the college.
Special Career and Technical program requirements are listed under individual program descriptions. Admission to the College does not guarantee admission to a program.
Degrees and Certificates
All students expecting to become candidates for degrees or certificates must adhere to the graduation policy and degree requirements and follow the Technical Core Curriculum (for students planning to obtain the Associate of Applied Science degree) found in the Academic Regulations section (page 129) of this Bulletin.
Associate of Applied Science Degree
The Associate of Applied Science Degree is awarded for programs designed to meet the educational needs of students who are seeking preparation for employment in occupational fields not requiring a four-year degree.
To graduate from the college with the Associate of Applied Science Degree a student must:
1. Earn a minimum of sixty (60) semester hours to include the fifteen (15) semester hours listed in the Technical Core Curriculum.
2. Complete the remaining courses designated by the program of study.
3. Earn a minimum grade point of 2.0 on all work completed at Northwest Mississippi Community College.
4. Complete a minimum of fifteen (15) semester hours at Northwest Mississippi Community College in the area of study.
5. Earn not more than fifteen (15) semester hours through any combination of the following: College Level Placement Examination (CLEP) or Advanced Placement Examination. Credit by examination may be given to participants in articulated workforce training programs.
Career Certificate (9-12 months)
- Collision Repair
- Commercial Truck Driving
- Health Care Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Welding and Cutting
Technical Programs (24 months)
- Administrative Office Technology
- Agricultural Business and Management Technology
- Agricultural Technology/John Deere Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Business Management Technology
- Business and Marketing Mgmt Technology
- Cardiovascular Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Early Childhood Education Technology
- EMT-Paramedic Technology
- Funeral Service Technology
- Graphic Design Technology
- Heating, A/C & Refrigeration Technology
- Hotel and Restaurant Management Technology
- Industrial Electronics Engineering Technology
- Information Systems Technology
- Medical Office Technology
- Paralegal Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Precision Manufacturing and Machining Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
- Surgical Technology