ALL STUDENTS enrolled at Northwest Mississippi Community College are welcome to participate in choir! Whether you are majoring in music or not, you are most welcome to sing!
CHOIR AND VOICE AUDITION INFORMATION
All students auditioning should complete and submit the Audition Information Form.
CHOIR ONLY (non-music majors)
For choir placement and for choir scholarship consideration, you will be asked for the following:
• A general vocalization, 5-note pattern
• Sing a prepared selection, either with accompaniment or unaccompanied – or – sing “My Country Tis of Thee” unaccompanied
• Sight-singing assessment
• First year prospective music majors should prepare and perform two (2) vocal selections of contrasting character.
• It is suggested that you select repertoire that best demonstrates your vocal range, quality, and musicality.
• Please do not bring choral music to perform, unless you are singing a solo from a larger work.
• The choral and voice faculty will conduct your audition.
• If you have been taking private voice lessons, you might want to bring a repertoire list as well.
J Reese Norris, Director of Choral Activities
email@example.com | (662) 562-3337
Dr. Saundra Bishop, Director of the Entertainers
firstname.lastname@example.org | (662) 562-3333