ALL STUDENTS enrolled at Northwest Mississippi Community College are welcome to participate in our bands and other small ensembles. These include The Ranger Marching and concert bands, the Jazz Bands, the Steel Band, the Percussion Ensemble, other chamber ensembles. Whether you are majoring in music or not, we would love to have you play in one or more of these ensembles!
INSTRUMENTAL AUDITION INFORMATION
We generally conduct on-site auditions at high schools in our recruiting area. Please also check back here for open audition dates that are held each semester or contact one of our directors or music instructors to schedule and audition.
ALL ENSEMBLES (music major and non-music majors)
For band placement and for band scholarship consideration, you will be asked for the following:
• A prepared piece
• Please do not bring ensemble music to perform.
• 3 major scales
• It is suggested that you select repertoire that best demonstrates your abilities.
• The band faculty will conduct your audition.
• If you have been taking private lessons, please bring your repertoire list.
Tim Garrett Director of Bands, High-brass instructor
TGarrett@northwestms.edu | (662) 562-3336
John Ungurait, Assistant Director of Bands, Percussion Instructor
email@example.com | (662) 562-3335
Jennifer Whitehead, Woodwinds Instructor
firstname.lastname@example.org | (662) 562-3346
Jeff Triplett District Director of Fine Arts Instruction, Low-Brass Instructor
email@example.com | (662) 562-3922
Note: If your question is not answered here, please do not hesitate to contact our Director of Bands.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to audition to be a part of the Northwest Bands?
- How many instrumental ensembles do you have?
- Do I have to be a music major to be in band?
- How much time do the instrumental ensembles require?
- What kinds of scholarships are available?