Student Technology Grant
Plan for Distributing TECHNOLOGY grantS
Northwest Mississippi Community College (NWCC) has received funding from from the CARES Federal Economic Stimulus Package to aid students in online and hybrid learning courses.
This Technology Grant is available on a first come first served basis only. Technology grants will be made available to NWCC students that submit an application and:
- Have technology needs due to COVID-19 and transition to virtual learning;
- Have incurred technology expenses related to the disruption of NWCC campus related to COVID19;
- Currently enrolled at NWCC during the fall 2020 semester as a full time student (12 hours or more);
- Eligible to file a FAFSA on or before applying for technology scholarships or meet all of the following criteria;
- Citizen or eligible non-citizen that is otherwise eligible to receive federal Title IV aid;
- Assigned a valid Social Security number;
- Registered with the Selective Service (if required);
- Not have a conviction for the possession or sale of illegal drugs;
- Completed a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), or approved home school diploma;
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking program during the fall 2020 semester;
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) guidelines;
- Not be in default with any federal student loans or owe an over-payment on any federal grants.
- Students will be informed of the Technology Grant Application through Canvas global announcements, their NWCC email account, the Ranger Alert text messaging service, and social media.
- Students will fill out and submit the online electronic application form for the Technology Grant via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Student applications for Technology Grants will be available to NWCC students starting on October 6th.
- The Technology Grants will be award on a first come, first served basis.
- Students who meet the eligibility criteria and complete the application will be considered for the award.
Students applications submitted for a Technology Grant will be reviewed for eligibility and brought before a selection committee to determine award status.
NWCC Bookstore on Senatobia Campus will disburse technology packages based on the student’s grant award.
Award Notification and Distribution
Students will be notified via their NWCC student email of their award status on or before fourteen (14) business days from receipt of their application. If approved, technology grant devices and accessories will be selected by the student at the NWCC Bookstore on the Senatobia Campus.
If a student awarded a grant does not attend the Senatobia Campus and chooses not to travel to the campus to select and pickup their technology devices, arrangements can be made for them to select their items and have their items shipped to the campus that they attend within 3 weeks from the time the College is notified. Students may notify the Business Office of this preference at email@example.com.
** Applications are closed **
Application for Student Technology grant