Northwest Mississippi Community College received approximately $2,893,508 from the Coronavirus Relief and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) to support our students’ needs and challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic. These funds are similar to the CARES Act funds that were distributed by the college. The funds will continue to support students’ emergency costs that arise due to the coronavirus such as tuition, food, housing, and health care (including mental health care).
The grant funds are from the U.S. Department of Education Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II. The funds were established to prioritize students with the greatest financial need.
The college established three tiers from the expected family contribution (EFC) as of February 24, 2021 for each eligible degree seeking student. The three tiers include:
- Tier I will receive $900 with an EFC of 0-3,800
- Tier II will receive $600 with an EFC-3,801-5,711
- Tier III will receive $300 with an EFC-5,712-Greater or No FAFSA on file with the College
Note: All CRRSAA funds will be distributed through BankMobile between March 4-14, 2021. There is no application necessary to receive the funds.
- What is CRRSAA HEERF II Student Aid Funds?
- When will CRRSAA HEERF II Student Aid funds be available?
- Who is eligible for the CRRSAA HEERF II Student Aid funds?
- I was told NWCC received approximately $10,861,070 million, how are the rest of the funds being used?
- Is there an application process?
- How will students receive their grant funds?
- Are students who were enrolled exclusively in online programs prior to the national coronavirus emergency eligible to receive emergency financial aid grants?
- Do I have to pay this money back?
- Can CRRSAA HEERF II Student Aid fund grants be used to pay for tuition or outstanding balances for fees, debts, or other amounts owed to their college?
- I received this money as a refund. Does this mean my student account balance has been paid off?
- I do not know my BankMobile selected reimbursement preference. How do I check my selected preference?
- I’m having trouble logging into BankMobile. Who can I contact?