FCC Keep Connected
Community Hotspot Locations
Mississippi Library Association
(Includes Sparklight Office locations providing hotspot access)
Xfinity Public Hotspots
Local TEC Office in Bay Springs, MS
382 Highway 18
Bay Springs, MS 39422
SSID(Network Name): TEC PUBLIC WIFI
Internet Providers in Senatobia, MS
- Specifically for the residents of Senatobia
- All providers, plans, and discounts available
Specific Information by Company
Details about COVID-19 programs, offerings, and allowances, can be found on the following pages.
- The above pages explain deals and additional data allowances depending on the plan.
- AT&T is also working to upgrade towers to handle the increased traffic.
1 Million Project
A 501(c)(3) working to help 1 million high school students who do not have reliable Internet access at home by giving them mobile devices and free high-speed Internet access.
- Working with our Lifeline partners to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB of data per month through May 13, 2020.
- Increasing the data allowance for free to schools and students using our EmpowerED digital learning programs to ensure each participant has access to at least 20GB of data per month through May 13, 2020.
- Comcast has affordable internet solutions for low income households: www.internetessentials.com/covid19
- Comcast is offering Xfinity Public Hotspots in communities. For additional details: www.Xfinity.com/wifi
- For new subscribers, there is a 25 MB internet plan for $15.
- MaxxSouth is working to increase bandwidth to current customers and build out to new sites who do not currently have service.
- MaxxSouth internet service is not throttled.
- Local hotspots are available at Sparklight offices. (The Mississippi Library Association has a detailed map with information on those locations and details on accessing. For details, visit http://www.misslib.org/. )
- All plans are unlimited until May 12th.
- Sparklight does not throttle internet service.
- TEC has installed a public hotspot at their office in Bay Springs, MS. That office is located at 382 Highway 18, Bay Springs, MS 39422.
- TEC also does not throttle internet service.
- Network can withstand additional traffic.
- For any new customer who is eligible for Lifeline service, we are offering service free of charge with no activation fee for two months.
- Viasat is prioritizing work from home and school at home traffic.
- Working on a community internet options, expanding to schools.
- ViaSat and HughesNet have different policies and customers should check with them, but SBCA mentioned the Bonus Zone. This is a period of time typically 2am-8am, when all customers have access to of additional data that does not count towards their plan. SBCA is encouraging customers to use this additional data to download
large files like education materials, movies, system updates for your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Often, these downloads can be scheduled on the device.