Software for Students
There are many options to obtain free software to assist students.
- Pearson – https://www.pearson.com/us/campaigns/covid-19-faculty-support.html
- ATT – https://about.att.com/pages/COVID-19.html
- Wifi hotspots map: https://hotspots.wifi.xfinity.com/
- Internet Connectivity Hot Spots
- Library Wi-fi Access in Mississippi
- Free internet https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-free-spectrum-internet-wifi-offer-student-households-promotion-2020-3This is on the webpage towards the bottom: To enroll your household in this Spectrum offer call 1-844-488-8395.It is important to note, customers who sign up for the free service will automatically be billed for using internet access after the first 60 days unless they call Spectrum to cancel the service.
- Microsoft Office365 is available to all students at NWCC, at no cost. This includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office products. To download the software to a PC or Mac, you will need to login to your Northwest email account and click on the 9-dot button at the top left corner of your webmail window. Once you click on the 9-dot button, you will see the following:
Click Office365 as shown:
Click the blue Install Office button
You can either Install Apps for the current Office version, or if you would like to install a 64-bit version, or for apps for tablet or phone click Other Install Options.
Discounted Software for Students
Here you will find many options for software that might be helpful in your studies. http://www.journeyed.com/select
Useful Free software
- Adobe Reader: This free download will allow you to open, view, and print PDF files. Click this link to download Adobe Reader. (Links to an external site.)
- Google Chrome: Chrome is a free internet browser that may work better with Canvas and other sites needed for your online class. To download Chrome click this link. (Links to an external site.)
- Mozilla Firefox: Firefox is a free internet browser that may work better with Canvas and other sites needed for your online class. To download Firefox click this link. (Links to an external site.)