Personal and Mental Health Counseling
Counseling is free and confidential for all Northwest students!
Northwest Mississippi Community College’s Mental Health counselors utilize a short-term model of therapy to provide professional guidance in coping with personal or academic stressors, resolving personal conflicts and improving emotional wellbeing.
*Students under 18 years of age will require consent from a parent or legal guardian to receive services. Please contact our office prior to requesting an appointment to obtain the appropriate paperwork: (662) 562-3320.
Telehealth sessions may also be available upon request.
Simply calling or texting 988 or typing 988Lifeline.org will connect you to compassionate care & support for mental health-related distress. #988Lifeline
For additional resources or questions, please contact our office.
Office hours are 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday, with holiday and emergency closures consistent with Northwest Mississippi Community College’s holidays and closures.
ULifeline is a free service funded by The Jed Foundation, designed to support positive mental health and wellbeing in college students. Available resources include mental health self-assessments, educational material, and tips, facts and links related to general wellness. ULifeline provides students with a completely confidential online environment to explore information related to improving positive wellbeing.
For additional resources, contact our office at (662) 562-3320.
If you require immediate assistance outside of these hours, please contact campus or local police, or go to the nearest emergency room.
For emergencies, call 911.
- NWCC Campus Security: 662-562-3314
- Lafayette-Yalobusha Technical Center (Oxford) Campus: 662-281-1951
- Local Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-866-837-7521
- Communicare Crisis Line (for Tate, Panola, Lafayette, Marshall, Yalobusha, or Calhoun Counties)
- Region IV Crisis Line (for DeSoto, Alcorn, Prentis, Tippah, and Tishomingo Counties)
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: 988
- Parkwood Behavioral Health System: 1-800-477-3422
- Emergency responders: 911