DeSoto Center Library Study Room
Group Study Room Policies
Enrolled students with a valid NWCC email address (@northwestms.edu) may reserve the group study room. Students with valid reservations have priority over those who do not. If you don’t have a reservation, you may be asked to leave the room.
All students using the study rooms must follow these rules:
Lights must remain on at all times.
- Talk quietly as room is not sound-proof.
- Students alone in study room may be asked to leave.
- Room can be reserved for 2-6 students.
- Reservations for group study room can be made at the Circulation Desk or online. Room may be reserved up to two weeks in advance.
- Room may be used for a maximum of two hours a day per group. If your group needs the room longer than two hours, please check with the staff at the Circulation Desk to see if we can accommodate your request. However, you must be prepared to vacate the room immediately at any point after your initial two hours.
- The student checking out the study room is responsible for any damages. Replacement fees will be assessed for any damaged equipment. Cases of deliberate vandalism or abuse will result in loss of checkout privileges. If a room is already damaged or inoperable when checked out, notify the Circulation Desk immediately.
- The library is not responsible for the loss or theft of personal property. If you leave the room unattended, you risk the loss of your possessions.
- The priority use of group study rooms is for students engaged in academic work. Group study rooms are not available for other functions, such as committee meetings and testing.
- If you are 15 minutes late for your reserved time, your reservation may be canceled.
Study room and library policies must be followed at all times.