Students with disabilities who are accepted for admission are advised to contact the Disability Support Services Office as soon as possible regarding disabilities that might require accommodations. Note: Last minute requests for accommodations may not be readily met because of the time required to make such arrangements.
- Students who desire any classroom modifications must request them via the form "Student Request for Reasonable Accommodations/ Modifications" located in the Disability Form Packet.
- Students must provide the appropriate documentation of the disability and how it limits or impacts their participation in courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities at Northwest.
Note: All testing must have been within a three-year period prior to the date the application for services is received.
- After a student has self-identified and provided documentation to our office, the submitted documentation is reviewed by a Committee for requested accommodations on a case-by-case basis. This review generally results in one of three main outcomes:
- (A) disability verified and approved (current appropriate information was received with sufficient information to confirm diagnosis and provide support for appropriate accommodations)
- (B) further information required (current appropriate information was not received to confirm diagnosis or appropriate accommodations)
- (C) disability is not verified or approved (current appropriate information was received; however, the student does not meet the criteria for diagnosis with a disabling condition).
Once approved, instructors will receive letter/notice from the Disability Support Services Office regarding the requested accommodations of the application reviewed.