POSITION: Staff Architect and Compliance Coordinator
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from NAAB accredited school.
- Preferred licensed by the MS State Board of Architecture
- Minimum 3 years experience in architecture, design, construction, and/or contract administration of commercial buildings.
- Experienced with compliance, interpretation, and implementation of ADA and ABAAG laws and regulations, IBC, and Life Safety Codes. Skilled and proficient in the production of CAD drawings using REVIT.
- Provides college wide support concerning Code compliance by reviewing or consulting with the appropriate professionals in order to render advice on issues with ADA, Life Safety or IBC.
- Coordinates purchases of supplies and sub-contracts for services for interior finishes, furniture, and supplies as related to construction projects. Acquisitions include following purchasing laws and policies, requisitions for Purchase Orders and credit card procedures.
- Prepares drawings and support for in-house Building Construction and Maintenance.
- Prepares designs and shop drawings for cabinet shop and select finishes.
- Maintains inventory of paper and electronic construction documents for all campus owned facilities.
- Maintains inventory of paper and electronic Master Key plans and records.
- Maintains inventory of sample library and coordinate finish selections for all projects.
- Provides college wide support with furniture and finish selections.
- Designs, implements and coordinates renovation and construction projects as assigned.
- Supports Director of Physical Plant with bid document review and construction/ contract administration.
- Performs all other duties as requested by the Director of Physical Plant.
POSTED: December 13, 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled