POSITION: Director of Adult Education
- Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in an adult education or training program to include leadership and/or administration experience. Five years experience preferred.
- Must have budget management experience.
- Must possess administrative and leadership skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both written and orally.
- Must have the ability to interview, analyze, and counsel students and staff.
- Experience with the application and management of grants preferred.
- Manage AE staff.
- Manage HSE assessment for NWCC’s district.
- Manage AE and basic skills projects in the WESS system.
- Oversee staff development activities.
- Oversee data collection and use data to improve AE services.
- Prepare and submit required reports to governing agencies.
- Work with partners: to include the other divisions of NWCC, the Mississippi Community College Board, WIN Job Centers, local literacy councils, employers, and others to establish mutually beneficial relationships to achieve maximum coordination of services to the student.
- Monitor all aspects of AE programs.
- Develop and manage program budget and maintain control as required by governing agency.
- Develop and implement a public awareness program with emphasis on high visibility, public relations, and a positive program image.
- Participate in meetings and professional development activities.
- Arrange for and maintain program facilities.
- Organize and conduct HSE graduations.
- Assist with the application and management of state and federal grants.
- Work with Workforce Solutions and Career-Technical Education and WIN Job Centers to enhance all programs offered by the college.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Workforce Solutions and Manufacturing Programs.
POSTED: November 8, 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: December 9, 2019