POSITION: Purchasing Agent
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced with compliance of purchasing laws and policies of a state agency in Mississippi is preferred.
- Good organization skills.
- Should be familiar with basic accounting transactions.
- Basic knowledge of general ledger structure.
- Prepare purchase orders and data entry with accuracy.
- Must communicate efficiently and effectively with employees system wide as well as vendors.
- Maintain organized filing of purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Provide college wide support regarding purchasing policies and state purchasing laws.
- Maintain procurement card program including auditing and reconciling monthly statements.
- Provide college wide support regarding departmental budgets.
- Facilitate the college’s bid committee.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
POSTED: March 19, 2018
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: April 2, 2018
STARTING DATE: To Be Determined