Students who are admitted to Northwest Mississippi Community College on the basis of an out-of-state high school or college transcript may be required to submit a residency survey form and provide documentation of legal residency. In addition, the student will be required to sign a legal resident affidavit. Students whose legal residence is in question will be classified as out-of-state and assessed out-of-state fees at the time of registration. The deadline for receipt of all documents will be seven (7) days after the last day of late registration. Please refer to the catalog or class schedule for this date. No adjustments to fees will be made after this deadline.
Acceptable documentation of residency:
NOTE: Addresses on application must be your physical address in MS, not a P.O. Box.
**Must submit two of the below options.
- Current MS Driver’s License or State Issued ID (Persons moving into MS on a permanent basis have 60 days per state law to acquire driver’s licenses).
- Current utility bill with matching address on application (water, light, gas, garbage, internet, or phone).
- Current vehicle registration card (titles, mail notices, etc. are not acceptable).
- Current employment documentation (paycheck stub, contract, etc.)
- Mortgage statement or homestead exemption (matching address on application).
- Prior year or earlier MS State Tax Return (Federal not acceptable).
- Recent voter registration card (if more than 4 years old, address must match application).
- Lease agreement signed by tenant and landlord (letters/affidavits from private homeowners, even if notarized, will not suffice as proof of residency).
- Current military orders (stationed in the state of MS) for Mississippi Active Personnel.
**OR submit one of the below options.
- Proof of veteran status – will accept Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or driver’s license showing veteran status.
- McKinney-Vento Eligibility Verification.