Mission, Vision & Values
As part of this strategic planning process, and with new leadership at the college, the NWCC mission statement was revised to streamline the mission and add a vision and values. The new vision, mission, and values for NWCC are as follows.
Northwest Mississippi Community College is an open-access, public, two-year institution primarily serving Benton, Calhoun, DeSoto, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Quitman, Tallahatchie, Tate, Tunica, and Yalobusha counties. NWCC is a learning-centered community providing educational opportunities with quality instruction for students from all walks of life. Our college fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration, and student success. We strive for continuous improvement, with a standard of excellence in every area of the institution. Our college partners with businesses and industries that seek to grow the economy and the workforce, as well as partners with alumni, friends, and others. Engagement takes place in all communities that the college serves.
Northwest Mississippi Community College transforms our students’ lives, enriches our communities, and strives for excellence in our educational programs and services.
- Accountability – Accepting responsibility for appropriate actions, obligations, and duties.
- Integrity – Committing to honesty and ethical behavior in all situations.
- Excellence – Achieving the highest standards as benchmarks to surpass.
- Respect – A feeling of esteem or regard for the unique qualities of all individuals.
- Service – Helping others without the desire for personal gain.
- Sustainability – Ensuring effective, efficient use of college resources while implementing fiscally sound practices and environmentally sustainable initiatives that can be modeled.
- Accessibility – Providing affordable and available opportunities for all.
- Creativity – Being innovative in accomplishing objectives.
- Leadership – Influencing others positively.