- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Application for Cosmetology Program. Click here for the application.
- Application for admission to Northwest Mississippi Community College.
- Official copies of high school or GED transcript must be sent to the Registrar’s office and an official copy also sent to the Cosmetology department.
- Must be a high school graduate (diploma) or have passed the GED.
- Applicants must complete and obtain the required scoring on the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
Admission to the college does not guarantee admission into the Cosmetology program. Any interested person should contact the Cosmetology department at the campus of choice:
- Senatobia campus: Corine Newson, Instructor 662-562-3368 | Danita Denson, Instructor 662-560-4192
- Oxford campus: Heidi Riley, Instructor (662) 238-7954
- Ashland campus: Cassandra E. Wilburn, Instructor (662) 224-8999
Application for admission to Northwest Mississippi Community College with required high school and college transcript(s) and ACT scores must
be sent to the Senatobia campus.
COSMETOLOGY INSTRUCTOR TRAINEE PROGRAM – Students who wish to enter the Cosmetology Instructor Trainee Program must:
- Hold a current Mississippi license to practice in the field of cosmetology.
- Be no less than 20 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have documentation of two years active practical experience as a licensed cosmetologist and the required classroom and seminar credits.
- Applicant must complete and obtain the required score on the TABE test.
- Interview with instructors.