The Mopar Automotive Program is an automotive technician training/internship program that provides Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, RAM and FIATdealerships with skilled technicians capable of servicing current and future technologies. Mopar believes that the competitive edge in this industry lies in the ability to service the technologies used in our products correctly, the first time and every time. The Mopar program is an integral piece in that philosophy.
This is an instructional training program, designed by Chrysler Corporation, Northwest MS Community College, and the State of Mississippi, providing hands-on learning on the latest vehicles, components, and instructional materials utilizing high-tech diagnostic equipment. The Associate of Applied Science degree will be granted to students who complete the curriculum.
Academic classes must be taken to receive an Associate of Applied Science degree. They can be taken throughout Freshmen and Sophomore years: English Comp I, Humanities/Fine Arts Elective, Math/Science Elective, Computer Elective, Social Science Elective, and Public Speaking I.
The instructional team of Kevin Miller and David Yount offers experience coupled with a personal, hands-on approach to meeting the needs of students.
Mopar Admission Requirements
To be considered for the Mopar Program you must:
1) Meet all Northwest Mississippi Community College admission requirements. The following must be on file in the Registrar’s Office before registration:
- A completed application for admission
- An official copy of ACT or SAT scores (ACT required for Mississippi residents)
- An official copy of a transcript from an accredited high school that includes a graduation date; or an official copy of GED scores; or an official copy of college or military transcript(s) from all colleges attended; of if attending another college full-time and attending Northwest part-time, attending an evening class or during a summer semester, a letter of good standing from the full-time college attended
2) Obtain and maintain sponsorship with a qualified Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, RAM and FIAT dealership.*
3) Obtain items on Tool List. Click here for the required tool list.
*Please contact one of the instructors for details about sponsorship.