Transfer Assistance to 4-Year Universities

The SSS Office located at the McLendon Union Building, 2nd Floor, Room 202, has an array of 4-year University materials, catalogs, and brochures displayed in their Learning Lab.  Office hours are M-F 8:00 – 4:30 p.m.

Samanthia Bradley
Samanthia Bradley – Transfer Specialist Manager

Our on-staff Transfer Specialist works one-on-one with SSS participants:

> in making sure that the NWCC course curriculum they are taking will transfer to their particular major of study at the 4-year university
> Takes participants on university campus tours introducing them to key offices to help participants transition smoothly
> Provides a liaison between NWCC and the 4-year university
> Assists with university applications and financial aid applications
> Educates students on final steps needed to transfer

eMail:  Telephone: (662) 562-3902


There are two ways a student can transfer to a 4-year university from Northwest Mississippi Community College:

  •  Complete 30-hours of core courses from the community college listed below with a grad of “C” or higher in those courses:
    •  English Composition – 6 semester hours
    • College Algebra, Quantitative Reasoning, or a higher level math – 3 semester hours
    • Natural Science – 6 semester hours
    • Humanities and Fine Arts – 9 semester hours
    • Social or Behavioral Sciences – 6 semester hours
  • Or Earn an A.A. degree from  the community college with a 2.0 GPA
Main Menu
User Menu
Scroll Up Skip to content