Division of Education majors at Northwest have several options from which to choose. Students usually complete their Associate of Arts degree at Northwest and then transfer to a senior institution to earn a bachelor’s degree. Your chances of success here are increased since the ratio of students to instructor is small.
- Elementary Education-designed to prepare students to enter a bachelor’s degree program leading to elementary education certification.
- Secondary Education-designed to prepare students to enter a bachelor’s degree program leading to secondary education certification.
- Health and Physical Education-designed to prepare students to enter a bachelor’s degree program leading to physical education certification.
- Recreation-designed for students intending to continue their study at a senior college and seek employment as a recreational professional in public, private or volunteer agencies.
- Pre-communicative Disorders-designed to prepare students to transfer to a senior college’s communicative disorders program, leading to career opportunities in audiology, speech-hearing science, speech-language pathology and teaching the deaf.
- Exercise Science-intended primarily for an exercise science major who intends to continue on to the bachelor’s degree and beyond. May be qualification for, or a first step toward, a broad range of career options, including personal trainer, sports medicine physician, coach and physical therapist.