Requirements for Admission
Implementation of specific admission policies is the responsibility of the administration and faculty of the institution. Northwest Mississippi Community College ascribes to an “open admissions” policy consistent with all appertaining laws. The College embraces the philosophy that students be provided the opportunities for learning experiences, e.g., developmental courses, counseling, tutorial assistance,etc., that will help the individual students succeed in achieving their educational goals. Further, the College utilizes relevant diagnostic instruments to determine the strengths and needs of students in order to assist them in selection of the most appropriate program options. There are no programs at Northwest designed for transfer to senior institutions that require a minimum ACT score for admission.
- A completed Northwest Application for Admission,
- An official copy of a transcript from an accredited high school that includes a graduation date and signature of school official,
- An official copy of High School Equivalency (HSE) scores (if applicable),
- An official copy of college or military transcript(s) from ALL colleges attended (if applicable),
- An official copy of ACT or SAT scores (ACT required for Mississippi residents).
When all required documents have been submitted, the student will be sent a Certificate of Admission.
- Application for Admission – (Online System- New Applications only)
- Application for Admission form – (Print, then complete by hand and mail in, returning students should use this form)
- User Guide to the Online Application Process (PDF format)
- Student Guide and Annual Security Report
- More Forms
If you have any questions about Application for Admission please contact the Office of Admissions and Records. Telephone: (662) 562-3219 or (662) 562-3220.
Some programs at Northwest have special admissions requirements and may require an additional application form. These programs and their admissions policies/requirements are listed below.
- Agricultural Technology/John Deere Technology
- Automotive Technology/Chrysler College Automotive
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Cardiovascular Technology
- Collision Repair
- Commercial Truck Driving
- Cosmetology Instructor Trainee Program
- Emergency Medical Technology-Basic
- Emergency Medical Technology-Paramedic
- Funeral Service Technology
- Graphic Design Technology
- Health Care Assistant
- Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology
- Industrial Electronics Engineering Technology
- Nursing, Associate Degree
- Practical Nursing (PN)
- Precision Manufacturing and Machining Technology
- Respiratory Therapy Program
- Surgical Technology
- Welding and Cutting