Registration for Summer 2020
Please click the tabs below for more information regarding Admissions, Financial Aid, Remote Advising & Registration for Classes, and Payments!
New Student: (Never Attended)
- Apply Online here.
- After completing this process, you will receive an email with your student id and instructions to access your myNWCC as well as your acceptance to Northwest.
- Submit ACT scores ( students under 21) final high school transcript, and college transcripts (with final grades as NWCC does not accept in progress transcripts).
- Log in to your myNWCC for your “real time” admission status.
- Once all required documents are received, you are admitted and ready to register for classes.
Dual Enrolled Student: (Enrolled in Dual classes during the 2019-2020 academic year through Northwest)
- An additional application for admission is NOT needed.
- Request your FINAL official high school transcript be sent to Northwest.
- Your current Northwest student ID number remains with you.
- You are cleared to register for classes.
Transfer Student: (Previously Attended Northwest within the last year)
- Submit all college transcripts (with final grades) since you last attended Northwest. We recommend requesting electronic transcripts.
- You will not be cleared to register until we receive your final transcript from your current institution. Please request your transcript ASAP(indicate hold for final grades).
- If you do not know your student id, please contact our HelpDesk at helpdesk@Northwestms.edu .
- Log into your myNWCC to access your “real time” admission status. Once you are admitted, you are ready to register for classes.
If proof of residency is required, please be prepared to submit the following:
- Complete Affidavit and electronically sign form. The form is located at this web address: http://www.northwestms.edu/index.php/?page_id=337
- Proof of residency items: take a close up picture of your driver’s license, email the most recent month’s utility/electric/gas bill, or voter registration card or MS vehicle registration receipt.
- Please email all residency items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: SUMMER20-Name-Residency .
- If you have questions regarding residency, please call 662-562-3218.
Transcripts (transfer students):
Please allow 1-2 business days for processing of your transcripts from other institutions. Please check the status of your transcript being received through your myNWCC student portal. As soon as we have received your transcript, you will be ready to register the next business day.
If you are receiving an error message on the student application, please call admissions at 662-562-3219.
New Student (Never Attended Northwest)
- Complete a 2019-2020 FAFSA. Please go to fafsa.ed.gov. Northwest’s Federal School code is 002427.
- For faster processing, please select the IRS data tool to verify information.
- Enter Northwest school code on your FAFSA. Please be sure to electronically sign and your parents electronically sign (if required).
- It will take 3-5 business days before Northwest will receive your FAFSA.
- If additional information is required, please submit it ASAP.
- Please check your myNWCC for status updates.
- Please make sure your 2019-2020 FAFSA and verification is completed.
- Make sure you are enrolled and complete 6 credits hours or more.
Once students are enrolled in 6 credit hours, they should see their award on their myNWCC account within 7-10 days if you are taking advantage of priority.
Loan Applications for Summer:
- Submit a loan application today. Summer loan applications are due by July 10, 2020.
- Apply at www.northwestms.edu. Click on Apply, scroll to Financial Aid. On the left hand side of the screen, click on Loans.
- Please continue to check your emails and text messages for information. Please email email@example.com.
If you have any questions about financial aid, please call 662-562-3271.
Registration for Classes this Summer
Once a student is admitted to the college, you are authorized to register for classes. Please go to your myNWCC to register for classes, under the Student Information Center, click on Scheduling, then Registration.
For information on how to register online visit the webpage here.
If you have questions, please contact an advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. An advisor will contact you regarding your questions. Please check your email regularly.
If you are experiencing any problems, please email email@example.com.
NWCC’s summer and fall course schedule is available to view in myNWCC. Please review your degree plan in myNWCC under Student Records/Degree Plan and write down the courses you would like to take this summer. Please keep in mind that all summer courses are offered online except science labs.
After you are admitted, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org for remote advising. Please include the following information in your email:
1. First and Last name
2. NWCC Student id number
3. Academic Pathway of Study
4. Email address
5. Phone number (Please indicate a good time to contact you)
6. List the course(s) you would like to take this summer.
After approval, you may build a schedule in myNWCC using the Registration option under Scheduling. Click here for information on registering online.
Career and Technical Students
Students who are currently enrolled in a CTE program, will be pre-registered by their advisor.
NWCC’s summer and fall course schedule is available to view in myNWCC. Please consider which CTE program you are interested in. There may be special admissions requirements before you can register for a specific CTE program. Please contact a CTE counselor for more information.
Any student interested in enrolling in CTE classes this summer, please contact:
Mrs. Lacy Bailey at email@example.com
Mrs. Amanda West at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Harvey Hill at email@example.com
After approval, you may build a schedule in myNWCC using the Registration option under Scheduling.
If you have financial aid for Summer 2020, you may authorize your payment on online, starting May 22, 2020. You must be enrolled in 6 hours for the Summer session to receive financial aid.
Starting May 18, 2020, you may complete registration by logging into your myNWCC. Click this page for instructions on how to complete online.
Pay by phone:
Starting May 18, 2020, if you have problems paying through your myNWCC account, you may call our Business Office. We are available on Monday – Friday from 8am – 3:30 pm.
Senatobia: Cindy Brown 662-562-3207
DeSoto: Terri Reeves 662-280-6123
Oxford: Steven Bennett 662-238-7944
Student Services are here to help! We are available Monday-Friday from 8:00am – 4:30pm. Our phone lines are experiencing high call volumes. During peak times, it may be difficult reaching someone immediately. Please wait and call back. We are here to help.
Please feel free email one of our departments if you need immediate assistance. Looking for Fall 2020 Registration? Click here!
Student Services Help Line: 662-560-5000
Technical Support Help Desk: 662-562-3934
For immediate assistance, please contact us:
Dual Enrollment: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid: email@example.com
Student Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tech Help Desk: email@example.com
If you have problems accessing your myNWCC, please click here for instructions.