After reviewing guidance from the Mississippi Department of Health and the National Centers for Disease Control, and in consultation with our colleagues across the state, Northwest Mississippi Community College has made the following decisions to help limit the spread of the coronavirus and protect the health and safety of our students and our communities.
- The last day to withdraw from a course passing or failing and receive a “W” grade has been delayed until Friday, April 3.
- The deadline for NWCC Foundation scholarship and Northwest scholarship (Presidential and Leadership) applications has been extended until May 1st.
- Generally, due to large gatherings at these events, all campus activities and events at Northwest are canceled for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. These events will resume this fall. This includes student activities, musical performances, drama performances, and other similar programs.
- All facility rental agreements for events scheduled to be held through May 31st will be canceled, at which time future events will be reevaluated.
- The Northwest Rodeo scheduled for April 23-25 is cancelled.
- The Faculty/Staff Awards program scheduled for April 22 is postponed. The College will make alternate arrangements for honoring retirees and others at a later date.
- The Annual Credit Union meeting scheduled for April 2 is cancelled.
- Students currently receiving Foundation Scholarships that are returning Fall 2020 must check their Northwest email for required information to renew scholarship.
- The Graduation ceremonies scheduled for May 7th, 8th, and 11th are postponed. The College is anxious to celebrate the accomplishments of our graduates, but will wait to do only when it is safe to bring people together. New dates and times will be announced in due course.
- Pinning ceremonies in health science programs and other honor society programs scheduled for the spring, such as Phi Theta Kappa, are postponed.
- April 8th ACT testing in Oxford has been cancelled.
- TEAS testing appointments have been cancelled.
Last update: 3/23/2020 5:51 pm.