To access canvas go here: www.northwestms.edu and click on the canvas link in the menu at the top right of the page.
TIP: You can access canvas directly by going to this web address: northwestms.instructure.com . (Make this a favorite/bookmark it to save time!)
Need Help With Canvas?
If you need help with Canvas please search the help guides found here: http://guides.instructure.com/
If you need help with your course content please contact your instructor. You can contact the instructor 3 ways;
- Click the Help button on the bottom left navigation pane inside Canvas, then click on “Ask Your Instructor a Question”. This will give you the option to email any instructor from any course. Just select the course in the drop-down menu for which instructor you would like to send a message. In the message box, type your message and then click the Send Message button.
- Use your instructor’s contact information on the home page of your online course. This contact information will be a phone number and office hours in which they can be reached in person as well as their Northwest email address.
- Click the Inbox button on inside Canvas on the left navigation pane, Click the “Compose a New Message” Button on the top right. Select the course for which instructor you would like to send a message. Click the button, then click on “Teachers” in the drop-down box. Type your subject in the subject line, then your message in the message box. (*NOTE- Put a check in the “send individual messages” box if you are sending a message to more than one instructor. If you do not, this will be sent like a group text message and all people in the group will see each and every response sent in the group.) When finished, click the Send button.
If you need to talk to someone in the eLearning Office please call 662-560-5230 or 662-560-5259. The eLearning Office is open from 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM Monday – Friday.
If you are having computer problems you can call the Northwest Computer Help Desk at 662-562-3934.
If you are still stuck, contact the Canvas Support Team:
Canvas Support is here to help you. You can contact them as follows:
You can reach them by phone 24/7/365. Try it anytime, they are always there. If you happen to dial them while everyone is on the phone with someone else; you can leave a voicemail and they will get right back to you. Call: 855.308.2755 (Yes, it’s toll-free!)
You can live chat with them 24/7/365. They might be a little slower to pick these up than phone calls (still, <2 minutes).
- Click the “Help” button in the bottom left hand corner of the Canvas Navigation Pane.
- Choose “Chat With Canvas Support” from the menu that appears
- Click the “Find someone to chat with” button on the page to which you’re directed
By webform ← BEST METHOD
You can submit webform tickets 24/7/365. They will provide a first response to these within an hour. This is the best way to file a ticket with Canvas because Canvas grabs a bunch of relevant error and browser information and automatically folds it into the ticket, meaning they don’t have to bother you for this info later. That’s good for everybody.
To file a webform ticket:
- Click the “Help” button in the upper right corner of Canvas
- Choose “Report a Problem”
- Fill out the form that appears and click “Submit Ticket”
Webform is better than email. But you may need to file a ticket by email sometimes. Send your message to email@example.com.