The Business and Office Technology area prepares students for administrative professional positions as supervisors and managers in office and medical environments by utilizing a combination of technical and academic training.
This program can be completed fully online.
The program includes a basic core of courses designed to prepare a student for a variety of entry-level positions through selection of a concentration of 67 to 70 semester credit hours in the following areas:
- Administrative Office Technology – provides computer skills and other training necessary to prepare a student for a career as an administrative assistant. Available at all campuses.
- Business Management Technology – provides a two-year program that provides training in management with an emphasis on planning, organizing, and coordinating. Individuals are trained for career opportunities in production and distribution industries, small businesses, legal offices, insurance companies, financial institutions, and self-employment. Upon successful completion of this program, graduates earn the Associate of Applied Science degree.
- Computer Technology – provides training in the management of computer operations in an office including software configuration, troubleshooting, network administration and system operation. Available at all campuses.
- Medical Office Technology – provides training, including medical coding, for those who wish to seek a business-related career within the medical profession; such as a hospital, a doctor’s office, a clinic, an insurance company or pharmacy. Available at all campuses.
Business and Office is a two-year program of study which requires courses in the career-technical core and designated areas of concentration. The Associate of Applied Science degree is earned upon the successful completion of the Business and Office curriculum. For degree plans go to myNWCC and click on the Degree Plans tab.
- Business and Office Technology Instructor-Senatobia: Contact: Beth Dickerson | (662) 562-3365
- Business and Office Technology Instructor-DeSoto Center: Deborah Rutledge | (662) 280-6152
- Business and Office Technology Instructor-LYTC-Oxford: Deborah Littrell | (662) 281-1941
How much can I earn? What is the job outlook?