The Business and Office Technology area prepares students for administrative professional positions as supervisors and managers in office and medical environments by utilizing a combination of technical and academic training.
This major can be completed fully online.
The program includes a basic core of courses designed to prepare a student for a variety of entry-level positions through selection of a concentration of 67 to 70 semester credit hours in the following areas:
- Accounting Technology (Major 6005)-designed to prepare individuals for employment opportunities in the accounting field. Available only at the DeSoto Center. Click here for course listings.
- Health-care Data Technology (Major 6079)-provides training, including medical coding, for those who wish to seek a business-related career within the medical profession; such as a hospital, a doctor’s office, a clinic, an insurance company or pharmacy. Available at all campuses. Click here for course listings.
- Microcomputer Technology (Major 6009)-provides training in the management of microcomputer operations in an office including software configuration, troubleshooting, network administration and system operation. Available at all campuses. Click here for course listings.
- Office Systems Technology (Major 6014)-provides computer skills and other training necessary to prepare a student for a career as an administrative assistant. Available at all campuses. Click here for course listings.
Business and Office is a two-year program of study which requires courses in the career-technical core and designated areas of concentration. The Associate of Applied Science degree is earned upon the successful completion of the Business and Office curriculum.
Successful completion of the first year of the Office Systems Technology concentration entitles a student to receive an Office Assistant certificate.
- Accounting Technology Instructor-DeSoto: Dawn Stevens | (662) 280-6134
- Business and Office Technology Instructor-Senatobia: Sheila Dandridge | (662) 562-3365
- Business and Office Technology Instructor-DeSoto Center: Deborah Rutledge | (662) 280-6152
- Business and Office Technology Instructor-LYTC-Oxford: Deborah Littrell | (662) 281-1941
How much can I earn? What is the job outlook?