Northwest Learning Resource Centers (LRC) are committed to providing an educational environment conducive to learning. Students play a critical role in creating this environment by respecting the rights of others while using library resources.
- A quiet policy is observed throughout all the libraries of Northwest. The purpose is to provide a suitable environment for study whether it be individually or in a group. Cooperation with this policy acknowledges and supports the need for a quiet place on campus. Set cell phones to silent when entering the LRC and walk out to answer them. Turn volume down on headphones while working in solitude or on computers.
- A certain amount of noise is expected at all service desks where librarians often interact with faculty, staff and students. Otherwise, both librarians and students are expected to minimize noise by keeping conversations low.
- Students must present a current student ID to use computers or check out material.
- Students who access social media/gaming on LRC computers will be monitored. If a demand for school-related work becomes apparent, the librarian will ask for social media/gaming to cease. Anyone who misuses library computers/laptops may be referred for disciplinary action.
- No food or drink is allowed in the library.
The library faculty and staff reserve the right to ask students to conform to the Code of Conduct. If misconduct continues, the librarian will request an ID from the student. An incident report will be filed with Campus Police at this point, or the student will be asked to leave the library.
Library Home Page | Library Catalog | Subject Guides | Databases | A-Z Web Links | Online Resources | Library Services | Faculty Services | Code of Conduct | Ask a Librarian
First Regional | Blog | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Library Mobile Site | World Clock | An APP(le) a Day | Database Apps | Purchase Request Form | Technology Help