The mission of Northwest Mississippi Community College is to provide the students of its eleven-county district and beyond with opportunities for obtaining affordable quality education to meet their diverse needs. The comprehensive community and technical college offers students educational experiences through traditional campus-based and distance learning opportunities. Northwest is committed to achieving the following goals: to promote excellence in educational programs; to maintain quality educational support services; to continue responsive administrative processes; to ensure efficient use of financial and physical resources; and to assure institutional effectiveness.
Northwest Mississippi Community College meets the educational, employment, career, cultural, and special needs of its students and the community through the offering of:
- Academic and career technical curricula leading to certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees;
- University-parallel courses and programs meeting requirements of the first two years of a baccalaureate degree;
- Workforce Development training designed to meet current and future workforce needs in business and industry;
- A comprehensive program of remedial and developmental education;
- Continuing education and service programs for the community;
- Student support through tutoring, guidance, counseling, career information and placement; and,
- Services including library services, cultural and enrichment opportunities, information technology services, and extracurricular activities for students and the community.
More about the college: