Surgical Technology, available at the Lafayette-Yalobusha Technical Center in Oxford, is an instructional program that prepares an individual to serve as a member of the surgical team to work with surgeons, anesthesiologists, certified registered nurse anesthetists, registered nurses and other surgical personnel in delivering patient care and assuming appropriate responsibilities before, during and after surgery.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Vocational Certificate Program
Click here for an application form and information packet.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Application for admission to Northwest Mississippi Community College with required high school and college transcript(s) and ACT scores must be sent to the Senatobia campus.
- The applicant must be a high school graduate (diploma) or have made equivalent scores on the GED test. A transcript of all previous schooling must be on file. ACT scores are required for applicants under 21 years of age.
- The Applicant must complete a Program Application.
- The applicant shall make satisfactory scores on the TABE test. This tests is given at Lafayette-Yalobusha Technical Center. Test dates will be mailed to each applicant.
- After testing, the applicant will interview before an Admissions Committee.
- If accepted into the Surgical Technology program, the applicant must have on file the following:
- a signed Acceptance Agreement,
- a health examination certificate (Student Health Record),
- a negative drug screen,
- copy of laboratory/diagnostic test,
- a record of immunizations,
- and a Criminal History Background Affidavit.
Instructor: Instructor details pending | Phone: 662-281-1912 | Office located at Lafayette-Yalobusha Technical Center in Oxford
How much can I earn? What is the job outlook? Click here.