Surgical Technology, available at the Lafayette-Yalobusha Technical Center in Oxford, is an instructional program that prepares an individual to serve as a member of the surgical team to work with surgeons, anesthesiologists, certified registered nurse anesthetists, registered nurses and other surgical personnel in delivering patient care and assuming appropriate responsibilities before, during and after surgery.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Vocational Certificate Program
Click here for an application form and information packet.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- The applicant must be a high school graduate (diploma) or have made equivalent scores on the GED test. A transcript of all previous schooling must be on file. ACT scores are required for applicants under 21 years of age.
- The applicant shall make satisfactory scores on the Otis-Lennon and Adult Basic Education tests. These tests are given at Lafayette-Yalobusha Technical Center. Test dates will be mailed to each applicant.
- After testing, the applicant shall appear before an Admissions Committee for review of qualifications.
- If accepted into the Surgical Technology program, the applicant must have on file a health examination certificate; a record of immunizations, and a Criminal History Background Affidavit.
- Application for admission to Northwest Mississippi Community College with required high school and college transcript(s) and ACT scores must be sent to the Senatobia campus.
Instructor: Gwen Shirley | Phone: 662-281-1912 | Office located at Lafayette-Yalobusha Technical Center in Oxford
How much can I earn? What is the job outlook? Click here.