Why Adult Education?
In order to be competitive in today’s workplace, it is essential that an individual prepare themselves by successfully developing and maintaining certain skills and abilities.
The Adult Education Program at Northwest Mississippi Community College is dedicated to serving our communities by offering quality educational training and transitioning assistance to individuals who are in need of improving and enhancing the skills that will help them to effectively transition into diverse work and educational settings.
What assistance does the AB Program provide to students?
- mastering basic reading, math, language arts and writing skills
- preparing for the HiSet tests
- increasing scores on the WorkKeys tests
- transitioning to college, career-technical training, workforce development training or the military
- improving job readiness and computer skills
These classes are offered for no charge. Pearson Vue charges $30 per test. You may, however, qualify for GED test vouchers at no cost.
College and Career after HiSet
After passing the HiSet students often pursue their Associate Degree at Northwest Mississippi Community College. Scholarships are available to make getting a college degree even more affordable. Find out more about the Howard Carpenter Scholarship today!
- Teacher Aide Certification
- Beginning and Intermediate AE
- Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced English as a Second Language (ESL)
- All persons who do not fall under the compulsory school attendance law, in regards to age, and who are no longer enrolled in school
- Business/Industrial Employees and Community Residents
- Teacher Aides
- Paid instructors
- Material for class at no cost to student
- Practice for taking the HiSet test
- Individualized lessons to meet student needs
- Confidential assessment and counseling with student about progress
- Preparation and testing for teacher aide certification