INSTRUCTIONS: copy and complete the application; attach a resume; have two letters of recommendation written and have official transcripts sent to the address on the back of the application. You may call 662-562-3211 with questions.
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act
Northwest Mississippi Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or status as a veteran or disabled veteran in employment, programs, or provision of services. Compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act is coordinated by Mr. Gerald Beard, Disability Support Services Coordinator, Tate Hall, P.O. Box 5555, Highway 51 North, Senatobia, Mississippi 38668, telephone number 662-562-3309, email email@example.com .
Compliance with Title II of the Age Discrimination Act and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is coordinated by Mr. Gary Mosley, Vice President for Finance, James P. McCormick Administration Building, P.O. Box 7017, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, Mississippi, 38668. Telephone number 662-562-3216, email address firstname.lastname@example.org .
Title IX compliance, non-discrimination policies, is coordinated by: Mr. Dan Smith, Vice President for Student Services and Chief of Staff, Tate Hall, P.O. Box 7010, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, MS 38668, telephone number 662-562-3997 and e-mail address email@example.com.
Assistant Director of Marketing and Digital Media - Senatobia Campus - Deadline for Application: September 2, 2016
POSITION: Assistant Director of Marketing and Digital Media QUALIFICATIONS: The Office of Communications is seeking a collaborative, creative and highly self-motivated professional to focus and refine the college's marketing efforts through a variety of mediums and assist in advancing Northwest’s digital presence through social media, web and video. A bachelor’s degree in marketing communications, marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, graphic design or a related field and a minimum of one year of professional experience is required. RESPONSIBILITIES: Marketing
- Oversee college's integrated marketing efforts and provide insight to Director of Communications on advertising campaigns; schedules approved social media/online marketing buys and works with Director regarding radio, television, print and other advertising. Must have experience working with various traditional and digital media outlets on media buys/campaigns.
- Research and analyze data on current and rising social media/online marketing trends (locally and nationally) to determine which social media/online marketing and traditional outlets would offer the best reach for the college within budgetary guidelines.
- Assist Recruiting and other campus offices with implementation of CRM/Enrollment Management platform, providing communications/marketing support as needed for successful engagement with potential students. Previous experience with communications/marketing through a CRM/Enrollment Management system preferred.
- Develop, implement and maintain digital media objectives, strategies and tactics as part of the college’s overall integrated marketing communications plan. Must be proficient at implementing objectives through WordPress (institutional website), Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, Tumblr and Instagram at minimum. Additional social media innovations are encouraged.
- Oversee college's non-sports social media accounts: updates social media content, monitors social media accounts and mobile website app for inquiries about the college and answers questions; utilizes scheduling tools in delivery of social media content.
- Capture content for digital media using professional-grade equipment provided. Must be proficient at photography and videography.
- Create dynamic content for digital media. Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Final Cut or iMovie.
- Provide monthly and annual digital media analytic reports to Director of Communications.
- Communicate with campus clients needing digital marketing and/or assistance with creation and maintenance of departmental/campus social media pages.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications.
POSITION: WIOA Career Navigator LOCATION: Marshall County WIN Job Center, Byhalia, MS QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Related work experience preferred. Proficiency in the usage of a variety of computer software applications including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software/internet applications is required. This position is federally funded; therefore, year-to-year employment is based on the availability of program funds. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the point of contact for the Marshall County WIN Job Center in Byhalia, MS
- Assist customers in the resource area
- Recruit qualified adult, dislocated worker, and out-of-school youth participants
- Certify participants and maintain participant files according to local WIOA policies and procedures
- Ensure all required paperwork is submitted to fiscal agent in a timely manner
- Counsel with participants to develop individualized educational/career pathways
- Ensure required assessments and training are provided to participants
- Provide life skill services such as: resume and cover letter preparation, interviewing skills and techniques, mock interviews, online registration/job searches, budgeting, work ethics training, educational and career counseling, etc.
- Communicate and coordinate with ABE and MI BEST staff to schedule basic skills, work-ready, and high school equivalency assessments for participants
- Work closely with WIN Job Center staff and other WIOA partners to include: the Mississippi Partnership Local Workforce Area, other divisions of NWCC, training providers, employers, social service programs, etc. to establish mutually beneficial relationships to maximize coordination of services and ensure customers receive applicable services needed to achieve successful outcomes
- Recruit employers and worksites for participant work experience/internship opportunities
- Ensure worksite agreements are signed by employers
- Enroll participants in paid/unpaid work experience or adult internships
- Ensure participants complete program required assessments, training, WIOA forms, I-9s, and all other tax forms prior to beginning work experience/internships
- Monitor worksites to evaluate participants’ work performance and ensure terms of agreement are met
- Counsel with participants to address workplace issues and/or enhance work performance
- Ensure participants are properly exited from the program
- Conduct twelve (12) months of follow-up services on each participant
- Ensure program goals and measures are met or exceeded
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Marshall County WIN Job Center
- Order supplies for the Marshall County WIN Job Center
- Report facility/equipment repair/maintenance issues
- Submit monthly and quarterly participant reports to fiscal agent and WIOA Programs Manager
- Attend required meetings and training
- Ensure program operations comply with internal (NWCC) and external (fiscal agent) policies and procedures
- Work with Career Technical Education, Continuing Education, Workforce Development, and Adult Basic Education to enhance all programs offered by the college
- Area travel is required
- Other duties as assigned by the WIOA Programs Manager
POSITION: Adjunct Government Instructor QUALIFICATIONS: MS Degree in a Political Science RESPONSIBLIITIES: Will teach Government Courses. Other duties as assigned by Division Director POSTED: July 19, 2016 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To Be Determined STARTING DATE: August 2016
Position: ABE/GED Instructor Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and basic computer skills required; two(2) years work experience as a classroom instructor preferred; must be able to complete a minimum of twenty (20) hours of approved adult education staff development yearly. Responsibilities: Responsible for, but not limited to, assisting the Director of Adult Basic Education and the Lead Instructor in planning, organizing, promoting and monitoring the ABE/GED program for NWCC. In addition, will be responsible for providing instruction in reading, writing, mathematics, science, social studies and basic skills to adult learners who do not have a high school diploma. Posted: July 18, 2016 Deadline for Application: To Be Determined Starting Date: To Be Determined
Adjunct English Instructor - Senatobia Campus - Deadline For Accepting Applications: To Be Determined.
POSITION: Adjunct English Instructor - Senatobia Campus QUALIFICATIONS: Masters in English. At least 18 hours of English graduate level coursework is required. RESPONSIBILITIES: This position requires the teaching of first-year writing courses: Intermediate English, English Comp I, English Comp II. Day classes or evening classes. POSTED: July 13, 2016 DEADLINE FOR ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: TO BE DETERMINED. STARTING DATE: August 2016
POSITION: Design and Compliance Coordinator QUALIFICATIONS:
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years experience in design, construction, and/or contract administration of commercial buildings.
- Experienced with compliance, interpretation, and implementation of ADA and ABAAG laws and regulations, IBC, and Life Safety Codes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in either:
- Interior Design from CIDA accredited school
- NCIDQ Certification considered a plus
- Architecture from NAAB accredited school
- Interior Design from CIDA accredited school
- Skilled and proficient in the production of CAD drawings using REVIT.
- Provides college wide support concerning Code compliance by reviewing or consulting with the appropriate professionals in order to render advice on issues with ADA, Life Safety or IBC.
- Coordinates purchases of supplies and sub-contracts for services for interior finishes, furniture, and supplies as related to construction projects. Acquisitions include following purchasing laws and policies, requisitions for Purchase Orders and credit card procedures. Maintain invoices of purchases.
- Prepares drawings and support for in-house Building Construction and Maintenance.
- Prepares designs and shop drawings for cabinet shop and select finishes.
- Maintains inventory of paper and electronic construction documents for all campus owned facilities.
- Maintains inventory of paper and electronic Master Key plans.
- Maintains inventory of sample library and coordinate finish selections for all projects.
- Provides college wide support with furniture and finish selections.
- Supports Director of Physical Plant with bid document review and construction/ contract administration.
- Designs, implements and coordinates special projects as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as requested by the Director of Physical Plant.
POSITION: Food Service Full Time & Part-Time AM and PM shifts available. QUALIFICATIONS: NWCC Food Service is seeking energetic people with a high school diploma or equivalent and food service experience. RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties will be determined by manager. Candidate must be able to lift 50+ lbs. regularly. Also must be able to stand for long periods. POSTED: August 10, 2016 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To be determined STARTING DATE: To be determined