POSITION: Practical Nursing Instructor QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a graduate of an approved Associate Degree School of Nursing. Must be currently licensed as an RN in Mississippi. Must have three years experience within the last five years as an RN in a clinical setting or as an instructor in a similar program. RESPONSIBILITIES: This position requires the teaching of basic nursing skills in the evening and day Practical Nursing Program, including didactic, laboratory and clinical instruction, as described by the State of Mississippi state curriculum framework. This is a 12-month faculty position. POSTED: October 16, 2017 SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: November 14, 2017 STARTING DATE: January 2018
INSTRUCTIONS: copy and complete the application; attach a resume; have two letters of recommendation written and have official transcripts sent to the address on the back of the application. You may call 662-562-3211 with questions.
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act
Northwest Mississippi Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or status as a veteran or disabled veteran in employment, programs, or provision of services. Compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act is coordinated by Mr. Gerald Beard, Disability Support Services Coordinator, Tate Hall, P.O. Box 5555, Highway 51 North, Senatobia, Mississippi 38668, telephone number 662-562-3309, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Compliance with Title II of the Age Discrimination Act and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is coordinated by Mr. Gary Mosley, Vice President for Finance, James P. McCormick Administration Building, P.O. Box 7017, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, Mississippi, 38668. Telephone number 662-562-3216, email address email@example.com .
Title IX compliance, non-discrimination policies, is coordinated by: Mr. Dan Smith, Vice President for Student Services and Chief of Staff, Tate Hall, P.O. Box 7010, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, MS 38668, telephone number 662-562-3997 and e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years experience in design, construction, and/or contract administration of commercial buildings.
- Experienced with compliance, interpretation, and implementation of ADA and ABAAG laws and regulations, IBC, and Life Safety Codes.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in either:
- Interior Design from CIDA accredited school
- NCIDQ Certification considered a plus
- Architecture from NAAB accredited school
- Construction Management, or related field
- Interior Design from CIDA accredited school
- Skilled and proficient in the production of CAD drawings using REVIT.
- Provide college wide support concerning Code compliance by reviewing or consulting with the appropriate professionals in order to render advice on issues with ADA, Life Safety or IBC.
- Coordinate purchases of supplies and sub-contract services for minor construction, interior finishes, furniture, and supplies as related to construction projects. Acquisitions include following purchasing laws and policies, requisitions for Purchase Orders and credit card procedures. Maintain invoices and organized files of purchases and contracts.
- Prepare drawings and support for in-house Building Construction and Maintenance.
- Prepare designs and shop drawings for cabinet shop and select finishes.
- Maintain inventory of paper and electronic construction documents for all campus owned facilities.
- Maintain inventory of paper and electronic Master Key plans.
- Maintain inventory of sample library and coordinate finish selections for all projects.
- Provide college wide support with furniture and finish selections.
- Support Director of Physical Plant with bid document review and construction/ contract administration.
- Design, implement and coordinate special projects as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as requested by the Director of Physical Plant.
Adjunct Art Instructor - DESOTO CENTER – DAY and/or EVENING - Deadline for Application: To Be Determined
POSITION: Adjunct Art Instructor - DESOTO CENTER – DAY and/or EVENING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master of Fine Arts required. At least 18 hours of Art graduate level coursework is required.
- This position requires the teaching of Art Appreciation; Day and/or evening classes available at DeSoto Center.
Adjunct English Instructor - Senatobia Campus - Deadline For Accepting Applications: To Be Determined.
POSITION: Adjunct English Instructor - Senatobia Campus QUALIFICATIONS: Masters in English. At least 18 hours of English graduate level coursework is required. RESPONSIBILITIES: This position requires the teaching of first-year writing courses: Intermediate English, English Comp I. Day classes POSTED: October 3, 2017 DEADLINE FOR ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: TO BE DETERMINED. STARTING DATE: January 2018
Physical Therapy Assistant Program Director– Senatobia Campus - Deadline for Application: October 25, 2017
POSITION: Physical Therapy Assistant Program Director– Senatobia Campus QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree or higher with current PT or PTA license with a minimum 5 years, full-time, post licensure experience that includes a minimum of three years of full-time clinical experience
- Didactic and/or clinical teaching experience
- Administration/management experience
- Experience in educational theory and methodology, instructional design, student evaluation and outcome assessment, including the equivalent of nine academic semester credits of coursework in educational foundations
- Develop the program curriculum
- Equip a newly constructed state-of-the-art lab
- Meet all the requirements for CAPTE accreditation
- Develop policies and procedures
- Record keeping
- Recruit students, instructors, and other personnel for the program
- Establish and implement program/course policies
- Prepare budget annually for all program areas
- Monitor curriculum and suggest changes as necessary
- Maintain liaison with key personnel at all clinical affiliates
- Develop courses in partnership with instructors and strategic partners
- Teach classes as needed
- Continue professional development (post-professional course work)
- Perform any other professional duties as assigned