INSTRUCTIONS: copy and complete the application; attach a resume; have two letters of recommendation written and have official transcripts sent to the address on the back of the application. You may call 662-562-3211 with questions.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: Northwest Mississippi Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or status as a veteran or disabled veteran in employment, programs, or provision of services. Compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act is coordinated by Mr. Michael Dottorey, Disability Support Services Coordinator, McLendon Student Center, P.O. Box 5555, Highway 51 North, Senatobia, Mississippi 38668, telephone number 662-562-3309, email email@example.com Compliance with Title II of the Age Discrimination Act and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is coordinated by Mr. Gary Mosley, Vice President for Fiscal Affairs, James P. McCormick Administration Building, P.O. Box 7017, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, Mississippi, 38668. Telephone number 662-562-3216, email address firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: Accounts Receivable QUALIFICATIONS: High School Graduate; higher degree a plus; cashiering/bookkeeping experience preferred, knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Accept cash receipts from students and other college activities on a daily basis;
- Responsible for student withdrawal adjustments and student billings;
- Process checks for student refunds;
- Balance daily cash receipts and post to the general ledger;
- Other duties as assigned
TITLE: Public Service Librarian QUALIFICATIONS:
- ALA accredited Master’s Degree in Library Service
- Other credentials as deemed appropriate by the Board of Trustees and Administration
- Assists in developing, maintaining, and evaluating the collection to support instructional programs.
- Assist library users in public service by giving orientations, tours, scheduling classes and aiding students in using library’s equipment.
- Promote library collection to students, faculty, and staff through email, newsletters, social outlets, and other appropriate ways.
- Answer reference questions, (via phone, E-mail, chat, and in person), and questions relating to the collection, equipment, policies and procedures.
- Manage the library reserves (textbooks and articles) within the circulation area submitted by faculty.
- Assist library users with basic library needs, including conducting research, online database searching, selecting material, and developing research strategy.
- Collaborates with faculty to develop library instruction to meet the needs of students and the college community.
- Train and supervise student workers: assigning them work hours, giving them daily work assignments, and keeping daily records of time worked to send to the Financial Aid Director.
- Assist the Director in the acquisition of new books and other library resources.
- Participate in library staff and faculty development meetings.
- Maintain membership in professional organizations and associations. Keep abreast of new developments in the library profession. Attend professional conferences and seminars.
- Maintain good public relations with faculty, staff, students and administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of The Learning Resource Centers or the Administration.
- Conform to school policy as set down in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
POSITION: Adjunct Speech Instructor – Desoto Campus – Evening School QUALIFICATIONS: M.A. in Communication required. RESPONSIBILITIES: Teach courses in speech as specified by Division Director; perform other duties as specified by the Division Director. Follow policies and procedures as established in the Northwest Policy Manual. POSTING DATE: December 9, 2014 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until Filled STARTING DATE: January 1, 2015
Adjunct History Instructor - Desoto Campus – Evening School - Deadline For Application: To Be Determined
POSITION: Adjunct History Instructor - Desoto Campus – Evening School QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree with 18 graduate hours in history required; Master’s degree in History preferred; college teaching experience preferred. RESPONSIBILITIES: This position requires the teaching of American History and Western Civilization courses; advising students; serving on assigned committees; and other duties as assigned. POSTED: December 9, 2014 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To Be Determined STARTING DATE: January 1, 2015
Adjunct Math Instructor – Desoto Campus- Evening School - Deadline For Application: To Be Determined
POSITION: Adjunct Math Instructor – Desoto Campus-Evening School QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Mathematics, MS or MA required. RESPONSIBILITIES: To instruct mathematics courses, ranging from remedial mathematics through calculus; to advise students in the related disciplines; to monitor changes in collegiate math education; and to perform other academic duties as assigned. POSTED: October 20, 2014 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To Be Determined STARTING DATE: January 1, 2015