INSTRUCTIONS: copy and complete the application; attach a resume; have two letters of recommendation written and have official transcripts sent to the address on the back of the application. You may call 662-562-3211 with questions.
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act
Northwest Mississippi Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or status as a veteran or disabled veteran in employment, programs, or provision of services. Compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act is coordinated by Mr. Gerald Beard, Disability Support Services Coordinator, Tate Hall, P.O. Box 5555, Highway 51 North, Senatobia, Mississippi 38668, telephone number 662-562-3309, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Compliance with Title II of the Age Discrimination Act and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is coordinated by Mr. Gary Mosley, Vice President for Finance, James P. McCormick Administration Building, P.O. Box 7017, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, Mississippi, 38668. Telephone number 662-562-3216, email address email@example.com .
Title IX compliance, non-discrimination policies, is coordinated by: Mr. Dan Smith, Vice President for Student Services and Chief of Staff, Tate Hall, P.O. Box 7010, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, MS 38668, telephone number 662-562-3997 and e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Emergency Posting**Career Pathways Navigator for Incentives to Success Project - Deadline For Application: To Be Determined
POSITION: Career Pathways Navigator for Incentives to Success Project LOCATION: Senatobia, Mississippi QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred. Proficiency in the usage of a variety of computer software applications including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software/internet applications is required. GENERAL STATEMENT OF FUNCTION The Career Pathways Navigator is a new, short-term contract funded position, created to work one-on-one with students seeking various credentials such as GED, short term career credentials and degree seeking credit options. The Career Pathways Navigator will provide ongoing counseling support, academic and career coaching, case management, and transition and referral services to participants to assist them in meeting individual career goals and program requirements. The position is time-limited through the contract period. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Provide individual counseling, academic and career coaching, case management and transition and referral services offered at NWCC WIOA, ABE, and Career, Technical and Workforce Education and general academic programs. • Assess personal needs of participants and identify resources to meet their needs to mitigate barriers to educational training. • Assist participants with setting short- and long-term goals and with the development of an Individual Career Plan (ICP). • Monitor progress toward completion of established goals. • Maintain a schedule of appointments and meet with each participant per program requirements. • Document participant files weekly and enter participant data and case notes into a tracking system.
- Track participant success and incentive disbursement through Excel/other electronic spreadsheet.
- Work closely with Workforce Development team members, Adult Basic Education staff, WIOA staff and Career Technical programs to ensure training goals are established and met.
- Exhibit excellent organizational and time management skills
- Be self-directed and motivated
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Possess knowledge of culture and values in the local community
- Have a familiarity with the resources and wraparound services available within the community
- Show evidence of effective human services skills such as coaching, mentoring, and motivating
- Express concern for the welfare of the program and program participants
- Have the ability to accept responsibility for assigned tasks and meet deadlines
- Be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, especially Excel
- Have reliable transportation as district/area travel is required
- Be willing to undertake other duties may be assigned by immediate supervisor, including:
- May be required to work outside regular working hours
- May be required to work at a different work site or campus as needed
POSITION: Biology Instructor **Internal Posting Only** QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Master of Science degree in biological science or related science degree is required. At least 18 hours of biology graduate level coursework is required. Additional science graduate hours and college teaching experience is preferred. RESPONSIBILITIES: The instructor in this position will teach lecture and laboratory courses in non-majors biological sciences. The instructor will advise students in all Natural Science pathways and will assume other academic duties as assigned. POSTED: November 28, 2016 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: December 9, 2016 STARTING DATE: January 2017
POSITION: HVAC Maintenance Technician QUALIFICATIONS:
- Five years experience in operation, maintenance and repair of commercial and residential equipment
- Five years experience in preventative maintenance of boilers and chillers
- Training and experience with air cooled and water cooled chillers (2 to 100 tons) a plus
- Training and experience using building automation control software a plus
- Class II or Universal Refrigerant Reclaim License required
- Drivers' License in good standing required
- Tech School Training preferred. Evidence of manufacturers training/seminar participation a plus
- Diagnostic skills utilizing knowledge of mechanical, electrical and refrigeration theory is a must
POSITION: Adjunct English Instructor – DESOTO CENTER (Day and Evening) QUALIFICATIONS: Masters in English. At least 18 hours of English graduate level coursework is required. RESPONSIBILITIES: This position requires the teaching of first-year writing courses: Intermediate English, English Comp I, English Comp II. Day classes or evening classes. POSTED: September 16, 2016 DEADLINE FOR ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: TO BE DETERMINED. STARTING DATE: January 2017
POSITION: Adjunct Accounting Instructor – (Day hours) QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Accounting. College level teaching experience preferred. RESPONSIBILITIES: Teach classes in accounting principles as assigned. POSTED: September 1, 2016 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To be determined STARTING DATE: January 2017