INSTRUCTIONS: copy and complete the application; attach a resume; have two letters of recommendation written and have official transcripts sent to the address on the back of the application. You may call 662-562-3211 with questions.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: Northwest Mississippi Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or status as a veteran or disabled veteran in employment, programs, or provision of services. Compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act is coordinated by Mr. Michael Dottorey, Disability Support Services Coordinator, McLendon Student Center, P.O. Box 5555, Highway 51 North, Senatobia, Mississippi 38668, telephone number 662-562-3309, email email@example.com Compliance with Title II of the Age Discrimination Act and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is coordinated by Mr. Gary Mosley, Vice President for Fiscal Affairs, James P. McCormick Administration Building, P.O. Box 7017, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, Mississippi, 38668. Telephone number 662-562-3216, email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Adjunct Math Instructor – Desoto Campus- Evening School - Deadline For Application: To Be Determined
POSITION: Adjunct Math Instructor – Desoto Campus-Evening School QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Mathematics, MS or MA required. RESPONSIBILITIES: To instruct mathematics courses, ranging from remedial mathematics through calculus; to advise students in the related disciplines; to monitor changes in collegiate math education; and to perform other academic duties as assigned. POSTED: October 20, 2014 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To Be Determined STARTING DATE: To Be Determined
POSITION: Food Service Worker QUALIFICATIONS: NWCC Food Service is seeking an energetic person with a high school diploma or equivalent for day shift. RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties will include but are not limited to dish room, stocking store room, freezer, and coolers and various deep cleaning. Candidate must be able to lift 50+ lbs. regularly. Also must be able to stand for long periods. POSTED: October 20, 2014 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: October 27, 2014 STARTING DATE: ASAP
POSITION: Head Librarian (Desoto Center) QUALIFICATIONS: ALA accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science REPORTS TO: Dean of Desoto Center and Director of Learning Resource Center CONTRACT TERM: Twelve (12) months HOURS: TBA (Monday – Friday) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Head Librarian Duties
- Assist Director in formulating policies and making decisions concerning the administration of the Learning Resource Centers based on the branch’s needs.
- Maintain weekly communication with Director to report branch’s progress.
- Conduct subject specific or general orientations and instruction in the use of library resources, equipment, and databases.
- Supervise and train librarians and support staff in reference services, databases, and new or changing internet tools used to connect with faculty and students.
- Accurately maintain the DeSoto library’s budget by administering purchasing orders and balancing a procurement card monthly.
- Chair the DeSoto Library Committee that meets once a semester.
- Participate in monthly library staff meetings in Senatobia and an annual in-service to be held at alternating branches.
- Maintain monthly library statistics for meetings and SACSCOC.
- Establish and maintain monthly programming based on ALA annual events.
- Solicit requests for materials and equipment from administration, faculty, staff and students through meetings, surveys, subject catalogs, and conversations.
- Market new equipment, materials, databases, and services through emails, newsletters, and social media.
- Supervise and participate circulation duties including clearance procedures and inventory.
- Read reviews and build collection based on curriculum and needs.
- Acknowledge all gifts received to donator and the Northwest Foundation.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with college administration, faculty, staff and students.
- Maintain membership in professional organizations.
- Maintain discipline and order with faculty, staff, and students.
- Conform to school policy as set down in the Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Dean of DeSoto Center and the Director of the Learning Resource Centers.
POSITION: Mathematics Instructor - Oxford Center QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Mathematics required; teaching experience at college level preferred. RESPONSIBILITIES: Instruction in mathematics courses from beginning algebra through calculus sequence, advise students in related disciplines/majors; update/revise curricula and syllabi POSTED: October 7, 2014 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: November 7, 2014 STARTING DATE: January 7, 2015