INSTRUCTIONS: copy and complete the application; attach a resume; have two letters of recommendation written and have official transcripts sent to the address on the back of the application. You may call 662-562-3211 with questions.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: Northwest Mississippi Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or status as a veteran or disabled veteran in employment, programs, or provision of services. Compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act is coordinated by Mr. Michael Dottorey, Disability Support Services Coordinator, McLendon Student Center, P.O. Box 5555, Highway 51 North, Senatobia, Mississippi 38668, telephone number 662-562-3309, email email@example.com Compliance with Title II of the Age Discrimination Act and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is coordinated by Mr. Gary Mosley, Vice President for Fiscal Affairs, James P. McCormick Administration Building, P.O. Box 7017, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, Mississippi, 38668. Telephone number 662-562-3216, email address firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: Director of Fine Arts Division QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree or above in Music Education, Music Performance, Art, Communications or Theater; five (5) years teaching experience in higher education or secondary education; administrative experience preferred. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for coordinating on a system–wide basis, the curriculum and major programs of study within the respective divisions; this is to be done for both day and evening programs for the Senatobia, Southaven, Oxford, Ashland, and Olive Branch campuses in cooperation with deans, advising coordinators, lead instructors, and the faculty;
- Supervise members of respective divisions in planning and implementing activities to support goals and objectives of the divisions and the college;
- Assign faculty members to act as student advisors.
- Plan, conduct, and report on all division meetings on a regular basis;
- Develop and recommend class schedules for the division;
- Assist in faculty selection and evaluation;
- Assist in curriculum development;
- Assist in staff and faculty development;
- Develop and recommend respective division budget;
- Monitor expenditures within the division;
- Assist in the development of non-traditional programs;
- Assist in the development and implementation of the evening class schedule;
- Assist in the selection of faculty for evening classes;
- Implement, monitor and report progress on approved objectives and activities;
- Assume responsibilities for the building inventory of furniture, equipment, etc; report to proper person any movement or loss of equipment;
- Request needed maintenance for buildings;
- Ensure that all classes are properly covered during the absence of faculty members;
- Post and maintain office hours;
- Responsible for supervision of the textbook selection process; and
- Assume other appropriate duties as assigned by the deans or President.