POSITION: Adjunct Math Instructor – Desoto Campus- Evening School QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Mathematics, MS or MA required. RESPONSIBILITIES: To instruct mathematics courses, ranging from remedial mathematics through calculus; to advise students in the related disciplines; to monitor changes in collegiate math education; and to perform other academic duties as assigned. POSTED: March 19, 2019 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: April 18, 2019 STARTING DATE: Summer 2019
INSTRUCTIONS: copy and complete the application; attach a resume; have two letters of recommendation written and have official transcripts sent to the address on the back of the application. You may call 662-562-3211 with questions.
Northwest Mississippi Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, gender identity, age, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran in all its programs and activities. Northwest Mississippi Community College prohibits sexual harassment and all forms of sexual violence, regardless of sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990/Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973: Disability Support Services Coordinator, Tate Hall, P.O. Box 5555, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, MS 38668, telephone number 662-562-3309, e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org; Title II of the Age Discrimination Act: Vice President for Finance and Administration, James P. McCormick Administration Building, P.O. Box 7017, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, MS 38668, telephone number 662-562-3216, e-mail address email@example.com; Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972/Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: Vice President for Student Services, Tate Hall, P.O. Box 7010, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, MS 38668, telephone number 662-562-3997, e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The safety and security of students, faculty, and staff is very important to Northwest Mississippi Community College. A copy of the Annual Security Report, published annually by the Campus Police Department, details Northwest policies and procedures regarding campus safety. A copy of the report, which contains the annual crime statistics report, is available online in the current Northwest Bulletin (www.northwestms.edu/bulletin) or on the Northwest website (http://www.northwestms.edu/index.php/?page_id=989) and in printed form upon request from the Campus Police Office (662-562-3314).
POSITION: Men's Assistant Basketball Coach QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree required; men's coaching experience required; recruiting experience preferred; computer skills required. RESPONSIBILITIES: Recruiting student athletes (in-state and out-of-state); practice planning and on the court instruction; supervise individual workouts; assist in game preparation (scouting, film breakdowns); academic monitoring (classes, study halls, curfew checks); and assist in summer camps. SALARY: To Be Determined POSTED: March 1, 2019 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: April 1, 2019 STARTING DATE: To Be Determined
POSITION: Landscape Laborer – Seasonal Part Time QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, continuously walk, stand, bend, squat, and sit
- Must be able to work in conditions of high pollen, dust, or any other natural outdoor air quality
- Experience and working knowledge with weed eaters, blowers, lawn clean-up equipment
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred
- Weed eating, mowing, and blowing of all lawn areas
- Work on seasonal lawn projects including sod installation, bed weeding, mulching, digging, planting, campus wide clean up, drainage projects, and winter prep for turf.
- Work conditions are outside in all seasonal weather conditions.
- Maintain a professional work environment, abiding by NWCC rules and policies.
- Participate in daily crew meetings. Attend safety meetings.
- Respond to inclement weather events, possibly at times when campus is closed.
- Any and all other duties in the areas of the physical plant construction, maintenance, grounds, etc. as assigned by the Grounds and Landscaping Supervisor, Assistant Director, and/ or Director of the Physical Plant.