The Howard Carpenter High School Equivalency Scholarship is awarded to residents of the eleven county Northwest district who have obtained GED scores of:
- 500+ testing prior to January 1, 2002
- 2500+ testing between January 2002-January 2014
- 600+ testing after January 1, 2014
- 55+ HiSet Score
The awards will be in the amount of $750 per semester toward the cost of tuition and are for full-time Fall/Spring entering freshmen only. The recipient must enroll and maintain 15 or more hours with a 2.0 grade point average. In order to receive the scholarship, eligible individuals must provide Northwest with the following information:
(1) Application for Admission to Northwest Mississippi Community College- Complete and attach a copy of your HSE (GED or HiSet) transcript
(2) Application for Howard Carpenter HSE Scholarship (below). Attach a copy of your official GED/HiSet scores to the application. To obtain your scores visit www.diplomasender.com, www.GED.com or https://hiset.ets.org/
(3) Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)- www.fafsa.gov – In order to receive a scholarship award, you must complete the FAFSA.
For further assistance, contact 662.562.3222 or 662.562.3223.