Position: Nursing Instructor
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing
- At least one year of clinical experience
- Teaching experience desirable
- Unencumbered license to practice in Mississippi
- Acceptable criminal history background check
Responsible to: Director, Department of Nursing
Under the direction of the Director, in addition to fulfilling the job description in the NWCC policy manual the nursing instructor will:
- Plan instruction to achieve program and student learning outcomes.
- Organize instruction to take into account individual differences among learners.
- Obtain and uses information about the needs and progress of individual learners.
- Obtain and uses information about the effectiveness of instruction to revise it when necessary.
- Use instructional techniques, methods, and media related to the program and student learning outcomes.
- Evaluates student-learning outcomes (SLO) with valid, reliable NCLEX-RN® style test items and maintains test security.
- Communicate with learners with civility and respect.
- Utilize test statistics to improve reliability and validity of tests, thereby meeting end of program SLO’s and program outcomes.
- Demonstrate a varied repertoire of teaching methods.
- Reinforce and encourages learner involvement in instruction.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the subject being taught.
- Organize time, space, materials, and equipment for instruction.
- Demonstrate high expectations for learners’ academic performance.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and learning and the subject being taught.
- Help learners develop positive self-concepts.
- Manage classroom interactions.
- Conduct clinical activities in compliance with accreditation guidelines.
- Organize and evaluates clinical experience in cooperation with Course Coordinator.
- Evaluate clinical experiences to ensure that learning outcomes are met.
- Work cooperatively with faculty and staff to carry out assigned teaching responsibilities.
- Attend yearly continuing education offerings and earns CEU’s consistent with requirements of college, professional accreditation, licensing, and /or certification agencies.
- Follow a yearly plan for maintaining professional development in area of responsibility.
- Keep up to date documentation in Nursing Faculty File and Xitracs.
- Maintain clinical requirements of individual agencies including computer training, TCPS and glucose monitor.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the program of learning.
- Project professionalism and a positive image to the students, clinical agencies and community.
- Promote and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies to benefit program outcomes for NWCC Nursing.
- Assist with the development of standards for admission, progression and graduation of students.
- Provide academic advisement for nursing, pre-nursing, Gen Ed and Pre-BSN students.
- Refer to Student Development Center for counseling and/or disability services.
- Participate in course and faculty meetings.
- Serve on committees of the institution and the Nursing Department.
- Participate in college related activities that benefit the college as a whole.
- Follow NW policies including maintaining of office hours.
- Participate in professional organizations and activities.
- Maintain requirements specified by state and national accrediting agencies.
- Perform other duties as needed for maintenance, progress and completion of the nursing program.
- Serve as temporary course coordinator as needed by the Nursing Department.
- Carry out the responsibilities as appropriate according to the duties and responsibilities outlined in the NWCC Faculty Policies and Procedures Manual and Nursing Department policies and procedures manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
POSTED: March 18, 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: April 8, 2020