POSITION: Athletic Academic Advisor
Statement of Position: The Athletic Academic Advisor shall be responsible in carrying out the supervision and direction of academics for the Northwest MS Community College athletic department.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, Master’s degree preferred, prior academic advising experience preferred, four-year or community college experience preferred.
- Direct and supervise all aspects of academics for the NWCC athletic department.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Mississippi Association of Community Colleges Conference (MACCC) rules and regulations pertaining to eligibility, recruiting, etc.
- Serve as an active member of the Senatobia Campus administrative and faculty team.
- Maintain constant dialogue with faculty to insure academic success.
- Assure that all student-athletes are adequately advised and registered for academic or career/technical instruction.
- Assure that the classroom performance and progress toward graduation of all student-athletes is monitored and are satisfactory.
- Work with four-year colleges and universities with proper documentation to assist student athletes with the transition after graduating from NWCC.
- Serve as liaison between the NWCC faculty, student-athletes, and coaching staffs.
- Establish, monitor, and coordinate study labs and individual tutoring sessions.
- Be accessible to visit with recruits as it relates to educational opportunities at NWCC.
- Monitor class attendance for the student-athletes and update the coaching staffs.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director and Senatobia Campus Vice President.
POSTED: February 14, 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 28, 2020