POSITION: Afternoon/Evening Instruction Librarian
- ALA accredited Master’s Degree in Library Service
- Other credentials as deemed appropriate by the Board of Trustees and Administration
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and evaluating the print and electronic collections to support instructional and recreational programs.
- Promote interest in the library and reading through displays, book discussions, social media, e-mails, and personal reading.
- Instruct library users by giving and planning instruction and tours and scheduling classes.
- Answer in-person, telephone, e-mail, and text questions, and aid students using copy machines, computers, and printers.
- Assist patrons in using the online catalog and other electronic tools and resources; assist and instruct patrons in using library services, equipment, and facilities; assist patrons with checking out, renewing, and returning materials.
- Provide reference services to library users.
- Create displays to enhance the library experience and to promote use of library resources.
- Participate in the library’s various social media outlets.
- Plan, prepare, and present outreach programs for the campus community.
- Maintain records of all current serials.
- Participate in library staff and faculty development meetings.
- Maintain membership in professional organizations and associations. Keep abreast of new developments in the profession. Attend professional conferences and seminars.
- Maintain accurate circulation records by preparing clearance and lost materials reports.
- Maintain good working relations with faculty, staff, students and administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of The Learning Resources Center or the Administration.
- Conform to school policy as set down in the NWCC Policies and Procedures Manual.
REPORT TO: Head Librarian, Oxford and Dean of Oxford Center
POSTED: February 5, 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 26, 2020
SALARY & BENEFITS: Based on a 10-month contract and previous library experience.
HOURS: Early afternoon and evening, may vary