POSITION: Assistant Football Coach/Defensive Line
Statement of Position: The Assistant Football Coach will serve in the role of Defensive Line and shall assist the Head Football Coach in carrying out the supervision and direction of the football program at Northwest MS Community College. The Assistant Football Coach will have direct responsibility in the areas assigned by the Head Football Coach.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, Master’s degree preferred, football playing experience preferred, minimum of 5 years of successful coaching experience.
- Direct and supervise all aspects in assigned areas of responsibility as directed by the Head Football Coach of the NWCC football program.
- Be knowledgeable of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Mississippi Association of Community/Junior College (MACJC) conference rules and regulations pertaining to eligibility, recruiting, conduct of coaches, etc.
- Supervise and recruit student-athletes with integrity and with a professional attitude.
- Serve as an active member of the Senatobia Campus administrative and faculty team.
- Along with other assistant coaches and the Senatobia Campus Physical Plant/Maintenance Department, assure that the football field (game and practice) is ready when necessary for use, as well for visiting schools.
- Assist with the monitoring of student-athletes in dormitories and establishing regular curfew check schedules. Assist in ensuring out-of-state athletes have appropriate housing when dormitories are closed.
- Assist in ensuring that conduct of the student-athletes are of high standards on the campus and at all school related functions.
- Assure that all practices are designed and operated to provide quality instruction and conditioning as well as assist the strength training staff with the off-season weight and agility programs.
- Assure that all student-athletes in the football program are adequately advised for academic or career/technical instruction with athletic academic advisor.
- Along with the academic athletic advisor, assure that the classroom performance and progress toward graduation of all student-athletes are monitored and are satisfactory.
- Work with four-year colleges and universities to assist student athletes in obtaining scholarships after graduating from NWCC.
- Assist in establishing, coordinating, and managing a football camp/clinic for high school and middle school students.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director and Senatobia Campus Vice President.
POSTED: November 22, 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled