POSITION: Director of Business and Community Partnerships
- Master’s degree or higher in Education, Business, or career and technical discipline
- Knowledge of Career-Technical Education
- Demonstrated success working with a team
- Demonstrated success initiating, organizing, and implementing projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to coordinate, positively and effectively, with faculty.
The Director of Business and Community Partnerships, in coordination with Workforce Solutions, serves as the liaison between career and technical programs and business/industry partners. The director is responsible for developing and managing work-based/internship/ apprenticeship learning opportunities and programs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with business/industry representatives.
- Regularly communicate career and technical news with business/industry.
- Implement and manage work-based/internships/apprenticeship programs.
- Provide management and communication with major business/industry partners including John Deere, Chrysler, and Advanced Manufacturing Partners.
- Provide daily management of the John Deere/Agricultural Technology and Chrysler Automotive program.
- Coordinate and manage CTE job fairs.
- Coordinate CTE representation at area job fairs.
- Serve on the Pathways2Possibilities Planning Committee.
- Coordinate annual Career-Technical Advisory and District Workforce Council Breakfast/Meeting.
- In coordination with faculty and Associate Dean for Career Services, develop new programs and options curricula and applications for the Mississippi Community College Board and prospectus for Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Serve as the CTE coordinator for Dual Enrollment.
- Contribute to the overall mission of the College by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
POSTED: November 14, 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: December 16, 2019