Position: Adjunct Career Technical Instructor (Pool Only)
Position Location: Pool
Job Classification: Part-Time Faculty (Adjunct)
POSITION SUMMARY INFORMATION:
This announcement is to maintain a pool of qualified applicants. Submission of an application and our acceptance thereof does not indicate that there are positions open, and in no way obligates Northwest MS Community College.
Applicants may indicate an interest in part-time positions for Northwest Mississippi Community College for all campus locations: Senatobia (Main Campus), Oxford, Desoto, and Olive Branch.
Mandatory: Below are the general qualifications for CTE Instructors. Specific positions may have additional requirements such as a license or industry certifications
A Master’s degree in the teaching discipline with a minimum of two (2) years of work experience in the field within the last five (5) years;
A Baccalaureate degree in the teaching discipline with a minimum of two (2) years of work experience in the field within the last five years;
An Associate degree in the teaching discipline with a minimum of four (4) years of work experience in the field within the last five (5) years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaches students the occupational competencies necessary for employment.
- Checks, maintains, and reports as required by the College the accurate attendance and absences for each student.
- Prepares course competency based outlines for each instructional course or program.
- Prepares detailed lesson plans, job sheets, and laboratory experiments for all units of instruction.
- Recommends changes in the total curriculum in order to maintain an up-to-date program.
- Develops and maintains the progress of each student in the program.
- Teaches related subject matter.
- Supervises all laboratory experience.
- Develops a schedule of courses for each semester.
- Reviews and selects instructional materials such as textbooks and audio visual materials.
- Completes requests for supplies and other instructional materials on a timely basis.
- Completes enrollment and follow-up reports.
- Assists in the development of an annual budget for the instructional program.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory environment.
- Recommends new and/or replacement equipment to be purchased for the program.
- Maintains proper inventory of all equipment and tools assigned to the program.
- Keeps equipment functioning and in good working order by establishing an effective preventive maintenance system.
- Maintains an active Advisory committee.
- Maintains good industry relations for the purpose of student placement for potential employees and donations.
- Takes an active role in the advisement, counseling of students and register students.
- Help students find employment in an occupation related to training.
- Fulfills the requirements of career license certification by attending specified classes and workshops.
- Serves on various faculty committees.
- Attends faculty meetings and professional development workshops and training.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Below are the CTE programs offered at Northwest Mississippi Community College.