Job Title: E-Learning Proctor/ Evening Help Desk Attendant
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedule rooms for instructor use.
- Check in/out examinees as they enter the testing environment.
- Authenticate identification of examinees.
- Troubleshoot minor computer concerns and assist students and instructors in open computer labs as needed.
- Communicate effectively with examinees, faculty, and staff.
- Communicate with technical support personnel and test providers as necessary to investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Provide information to other proctor(s) regarding changes, complexities, or irregularities.
- Convey any testing irregularities to instructors, or other appropriate personnel.
- Communicate with the Distance Learning Coordinator regarding concerns about possible scheduling conflicts, test availability, future needs, equipment, supplies, and potential problems to perform requests from instructors or individuals asking for proctored services.
- Provide telephone support for students, faculty and staff to assist them with software and network related problems.
- Assist with various eLearning office related tasks including registration and withdrawals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the appropriate authority.
- Provide assistant for passwords to students when needed.
- Assist with No Shows by calling students from the list
- Maintain proctor scheduling software. Ex(Smarter Proctoring and Register Blast)
- Assisting with providing testing information for Dual Enrollment proctored exams.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and various office machines such as scanner, copier, and facsimile.
- Be familiar with
- a) Microsoft Windows Office 10
- b) Instructor Canvas LMS
- c) Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox Browsers
- d) Microsoft Outlook/Exchange for email
- Fundamental knowledge of Windows applications, the Internet and web browsers.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and to communicate effectively.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask and to be adaptable.
- Ability to organize materials and schedules.
- Ability to meet and interact with examinees in a tactful and courteous manner while enforcing examination rules and procedures.
- Ability to learn and implement detailed procedures.
- Knowledge of Apple products very helpful.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred; experience in test administration is preferred; considerable computer skills are required; effective communication and organizational skills are necessary.
Hours: M-TH 12:30 – 9:00 during regular semesters, F 8:00-4:30 with regular hours in between semesters. Flexible during testing high volume times.
Posted: October 11, 2019
Deadline for Application: Open until filled