Position: Part-time Library Assistant
Qualifications: Minimum two-year college degree, four-year degree preferred. Priority given to candidate with library experience and/or computer skills. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office, Canvas and other library software. Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude required.
Reports to: Dean of Lafayette-Yalobusha Center and Head Librarian for Oxford Center
- Provide excellent support services to students, staff, faculty and visitors
- Circulation Duties-circulate, maintain and shelve library materials
- Reference and Public Service Duties- Assist students in use of reference databases, catalog and library materials. Answer questions regarding use of computers, computer programs and library resources.
- Acquisition Duties- Assist in processing of new materials.
- Technical Duties- Assist in conducting inventory of library resources. Supervise the proper and legal usage of computers and other lab equipment.
- Perform closing duties as assigned by Librarian.
- Maintain good public relations with staff, students, and faculty.
- Other Duties- as assigned by librarians and administration.
- Conform to school policy as stated in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The employee may be required to climb ladders or step stools, stoop, bend, kneel, reach push or pull loaded book carts, lift and carry stacks of books, or move boxes of material of considerable weight from one location to another. Must be able to lift 35 pounds
Terms of Employment: 12 months Mon.-Thurs. 4:00-9:00 (Hours may vary)
POSTED: September 9, 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: October 9, 2019