POSITION: Turf and Horticulture Technician
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, continuously walk, stand, bend, squat, and sit
- Must be able to work in all outdoor conditions including high pollen, dust, or any other natural outdoor air quality, rain, heat, cold, etc.
- Experience and working knowledge in turf and horticultural plant management
- Preferred degree in horticulture related field OR 5 years’ work experience in Landscape, Grounds Maintenance or Horticulture Field
- Pruning of all shrubs and trees on a seasonally adjusted schedule
- Inspection of landscape areas daily for pest presence, water and nutrients needs and general health conditions and report conditions to Supervisor of Grounds
- Weeding, bed cleaning, deadheading, mulching, and application of fertilizer, soil amendments and compost
- Work on seasonal lawn projects including sod installation, drainage projects, and winter prep for turf.
- Assist grounds maintenance crews with weed eating, mowing, and blowing of all lawn areas
- Work conditions are outside in all four seasonal weather conditions.
- Maintain a professional work environment, abiding by NWCC rules and policies.
- Attend continuing education classes and seminars in horticultural and turf management. Participate in daily crew meetings. Maintain accurate daily work project logs weekly. Attend safety meetings.
- Respond to inclement weather events, possibly at times when campus is closed.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by the Grounds and Landscaping Supervisor, Assistant Director, and/ or Director of the Physical Plant.
POSTED: August 19, 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until Filled