POSITION: Vice President of Student Services & Enrollment Management
The Vice President of Student Services & Enrollment Management serves as the College’s Chief Student Services and Student Success officer, and reports directly to the President. The candidate for this position should possess work experience in higher education. The Vice President provides leadership in the administration of a comprehensive range of programs and services for students; supports a college culture that promotes the scholastic achievement and personal development and success of all students; and provides oversight and assistance with student related conduct and crisis response, among other duties.
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education administration or a related field from a regionally accredited College or University. PhD desired.
- At least five years of progressively responsible student affairs experience or higher education administration experience.
- A successful record of administration and leadership development including planning, resource and personnel management and program/service development.
- Ability to establish a cohesive and collaborative student affairs leadership team.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and managing organizational change.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Faculty/Staff/Students.
- Provides for the integration between student services and all other areas of the College;
- Establishes a cohesive and collaborative student services team;
- Provides strategic planning to manage organizational change;
- Works collaboratively with Faculty/Staff/Students;
- Oversees and provides leadership for the following areas: Admissions and Records; College Safety and Security; Student Development, Student Support Services, Student Activities; Housing; Recruiting; Financial Aid; and all other District Student Services functions;
- Implements performance assessment processes and accountability systems within the division;
- Promotes Northwest Mississippi Community College to support increases in enrollment, increases in retention rates, and increases in graduation rates;
- Integrates administrative functions to achieve a level of efficiency and effectiveness in support of the College’s strategic plan and mission;
- Provides leadership to staff members and establishes goals, objectives, and priorities for staff, and assesses staff performance regularly;
- Recognizes staff success and counsels staff as appropriate regarding performance and conduct;
- Ensures the professional development opportunities for NWCC Student Services staff;
- Creates detailed and timely enrollment reporting and analysis for college leadership;
- Devises Strategic enrollment goals and initiatives;
- Collaborates with the President on work related matters; apprises the President on all fiscal, budget and administrative matters pertaining to Student Services in a timely manner;
- Collaborates with Vice Presidents and leaders from various areas of the College to develop, design and implement a wide range of College strategic initiatives;
- Develops budget and oversees fiscal management and strategic planning for the division;
- Establishes relationships/partnerships with various businesses and external agencies that support the College’s overall strategic plan and mission;
- Communicates regularly with the College Community regarding changes to Student Services as it pertains to Faculty/Staff/Students
- Assists in integrating student affairs, business affairs, and academic affairs functions and services in order to help students be successful;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSTED: July 12, 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 12, 2019