POSITION: Health Care Assistant Instructor– Senatobia Campus
QUALIFICATIONS: Registered nurse with a minimum of an Associate of Science in Nursing required. Must be an RN licensed in state of Mississippi. Bachelors in Nursing degree or higher with an active nursing license from the State of Mississippi preferred. Two-year’s recent (within the past 5 years) work experience in home health care or other health care settings that utilizes nursing assistants is required.
- Provide on-site instruction in the areas of entry-level care giving for Health Care Assistants.
- Provide on-site instruction in the areas of entry-level care giving for Phlebotomist.
- Coordinate and support HCA State testing site on Senatobia Campus.
- Plan, select, prepare and implement appropriate active learning activities to meet all course competencies.
- Prepare, and/or select and utilize reliable and valid formative and summative in-class assessment tools/techniques to measure students’ achievement of course competencies.
- Distribute, in written form, course competencies, performance criteria, established approved grading procedures and standards, attendance and class policies/procedures, and other necessary information to students at the beginning of the course.
- Deliver instruction using active learning methods that accommodate different learning styles.
- Provide guidance and advice to students as regarding course progress, program areas, or other academic concerns.
- Review and revise as necessary delivery methods, instructional materials, learning activities, and assessment tools.
- Work collaboratively with the administrator, colleagues and staff members to integrate instructional activities and materials across the district
- Oversee no more than 10 students at one time, in a minimum of a 16-hour clinical rotation.
- Maintain accurate records on all students, including but not limited to attendance records, schedules and course requirements regarding hours of instruction and content
- Communicate effectively with students, and all those affiliated with the course, including staff at clinical training facilities, CTC staff, and prospective employers
- Provide a stimulating environment that encourages student participation, interpersonal skills development, and concepts of good patient care
- Perform all other duties as assigned by administration to maintain necessary documentation for reporting to local and state agencies.
- Willingness to work on a flexible schedule to meet educational requirements
POSTED: June 27, 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: July 29, 2019