POSTING: CUSTODIAN, FULL TIME
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Must be able to work from 4ft step ladder, continuously walk, climb stairs, stand, bend, and squat
- Must be able to perform limited high work requiring stretching and reaching above head and shoulders
- Minimum 1 year experience and working knowledge with janitorial equipment and supplies
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred
- Efficiently perform basic housekeeping duties, including but not limited to:
- Sweep and mop floors
- Vacuums carpet and upholstery
- Dust and polish furniture, shelving, etc.
- Empty and clean trash containers, dispose of trash in a sanitary manner
- Clean, sanitize, and restock bathroom facilities
- Clean kitchen/ breakroom areas
- Wipes down glass surfaces.
- Clean entry doors and all windows inside and outside.
- Dry clean building porches and entrances.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Respond to calls for custodial problems, such as spills, special needs, etc.
- Appropriately use and dispense janitorial chemicals as needed
- Contribute to overall custodial team efforts in a professional manner. Position is customer focused and requires verbal communication.
- Maintain a professional work environment, abiding by NWCC rules and policies.
- Participate in daily team meetings. Attend safety meetings.
- Available to respond to housekeeping needs during after hour emergencies and inclement weather events.
- Report directly to Assistant Supervisor and Supervisor of Custodial Services
- Any and all other duties as assigned by Assistant Supervisor/ Supervisor of Custodial Services and/ or Director or/ Assistant Director of Physical Plant
POSTED: June 26, 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled