POSITION: Cosmetology Instructor (2 positions)
Northwest Mississippi Community College seeks two (2) full-time instructors to lead our Cosmetology program on the Senatobia Campus to excellence by providing modern instruction, high State Board of Cosmetology licensure pass rates, professional environment, and a solid reputation in our communities for quality instruction and highly qualified and desired graduates for employment.
Minimum Requirements: Must possess a current cosmetology license from the State of Mississippi and be a licensed Cosmetology Instructor in the state of Mississippi with two (2) years of successful experience in a salon as a cosmetologist.
Preferred Qualities: Demonstrated growth through four (4) years of experience in a successful salon. Prior teaching experience desired. Demonstrated professional demeanor, positive contributions to a team, and desire for continuous improvement.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Continually ensure that all requirements of the State Board of Cosmetology are met.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with all students, clientele, coworkers, and community members.
- Provide excellent classroom and lab instruction in modern salon practices through positive and inspiring learning experiences for all students using a variety of teaching methods and making every learning situation relevant to career preparation.
- Prepare detailed lesson plans, job sheets, and laboratory demonstrations for all units of instruction.
- Recommend changes in the curriculum to maintain a current program.
- Monitor the progress for each student in the program.
- Work as a teammate with co-instructors.
- Update and continually improve your own teaching techniques and cosmetology skills.
- Adhere to compliance regulations for all Federal and State guidelines related to professional licensing qualifications.
- Teach the depth and scope of the class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog and relate the instructions to careers and employer expectations.
- Prepare and grade examinations based upon course objectives, publish lesson schedule, and return all assignments in a timely manner.
- Implement evaluation for outcomes assessment and achieve established results while maintaining college standards of student satisfaction.
- Work creatively in all classes, encourage students, and maintain satisfactory retention.
- Begin and end each class at the designated times, providing a full period of instruction.
- Accurately maintain attendance records in accordance with the Attendance Policy, submit class roster daily, maintain a separate record of attendance and grades that is clearly labeled and turned in at the end of the term.
- Accurately maintain all report required by NWCC, MCCB, and MS Board of Cosmetology
- Attend faculty meetings, in-service meetings, and other college events as required by the College.
- Participate with the cosmetology class in extracurricular activities, such as campus and community events.
- Supervise all laboratory experience.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment.
- Maintain proper inventory of all equipment and tools assigned to the program.
- Maintain an active advisory committee which meets twice a year, minimally.
- Visit industry to develop a good rapport with potential employees.
- Take an active role in the advisement and counseling of students.
- Assist students to find employment in an occupation related to training.
- Fulfill the requirements of career license certification by attending specified classes and workshops.
- Serve on various faculty committees.
- Contribute to the overall mission of the College by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To apply: Submit a letter of interest, application, resume and at least five references with full contact information, including email addresses (references will not be contacted without consent from applicants). The letter of interest should address how your qualifications meet the minimum requirements and preferred qualities.
POSTED: June 7, 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To Be Determined