POSITION: Director of Athletics
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Health, Physical Education or related field preferred.
- A Minimum of five years experience in sports, physical education, or recreation at the community college level or above.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Administer a comprehensive intercollegiate athletic program in accordance with the policies of the Mississippi Community and Junior college Athletic Association and the National Junior College Athletic Association;
- Supervise full and part-time athletics staff including shared responsibility for employment decisions and full responsibility for training, mentoring, and evaluating coaches and athletics staff;
- Along with the president and vice president for academic instruction and college parallel programs assist in all coach evaluations;
- Act as liaison in athletic matters with other divisions of the College and in the 11 county district;
- Oversee the preparation of budgets for each intercollegiate athletic program;
- With the Office of Institutional Advancement actively promote athletic fundraising in the community;
- Develop and track all programmatic outcomes in furtherance of the college’s strategic plan;
- Approve budget expenditures for each intercollegiate athletic program;
- Coordinate the use of college vehicles with athletic personnel and the Vice President of Administration and Finance designee;
- Oversee the maintenance of athletic fields and facilities;
- Oversee game-day operations;
- Coordinate the development of long-term operation strategies and facilities planning;
- Coordinate and supervise the various athletic schedules;
- Coordinate with the Communications Office, the marketing of all athletic programs among students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community;
- Inform the Vice President for Academic Instruction and College Parallel Programs of all day-to-day significant developments in the Athletic Department;
- Facilitate all insurance policies and claims with secondary provider;
- Supervise the use of the NWCC Athletics purchasing card including all monthly reconciliations.
- Compile and maintain all information needed for athletic eligibility, including but not limited to, medical data, releases, transfer waivers, scholarships, and NJCAA letters of intent;
- Assist with the discipline of all teams and their respective coaching staffs;
- Represent the college at all MACJC state meetings;
- Travel to all away football games and the majority of all other athletic away games;
- Develop and organize athletic summer camps;
- Seek to develop potential expansion in athletic offerings;
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
POSTED: April 17, 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: May 17, 2019