POSITION: Construction Worker
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, commercial license considered a plus
- Preferred high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, interpret, and follow construction drawings and follow verbal instructions related to construction
- Must be able to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Must be able to continuously walk, climb stairs, stand, bend, and squat. Must be able to work in all outdoor seasonal conditions
- Must be able to perform high work requiring stretching and reaching above head and shoulders, work from ladders, scaffold, or lift.
- Experience in construction or maintenance related field
- Experience with hand and power tools that are involved with rough carpentry.
- Assist in building and set concrete forms; assist in pouring and finishing concrete for sidewalks, curbs, and slabs.
- Perform general rough carpentry work, interior and exterior. Overhead work is required involving ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Assist with minor CMU block and concrete repair.
- Perform demolition work including sidewalks, curbs, CMU walls, poured concrete walls, stud walls, doors, windows, ceilings, and flooring removal.
- Perform moving and event duties requiring heavy lifting or large-scale projects including relocation of furniture, equipment, and appliances for department moves.
- Dig and fill ditches at repair sites for repair to underground utilities including water, sewer, and storm drainage.
- Assist in general rough and fine carpentry work, interior and exterior, including, but not limited to the following:
- Roof and wall repairs
- Installing or replacing doors, frames, and hardware.
- Framing walls, ceilings, etc. with wood and metal studs.
- Hanging and finishing sheet rock.
- Installing acoustic ceiling grid and tile.
- Installing carpet tile, VCT, and ceramic tile, and rubber base.
- Maintain a professional work environment, abiding by NWCC rules and policies.
- Participate in daily crew meetings. Attend safety meetings.
- Respond to inclement weather events, possibly at times when campus is closed.
- Any and all other duties in the areas of the physical plant construction, maintenance, grounds, etc. as assigned by the Assistant Director, and/ or Director of the Physical Plant.
POSTED: October 19, 2018
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To Be Determined