- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must be able to read, interpret, and follow millwork plans and material safety data sheets and follow verbal instructions related to construction
- Must have basic knowledge of paint materials, shop safety, and equipment.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds, climb and work from ladders, scaffolds, and lifts
- Preferred certified lift operator
- Preferred journeyman with experience in commercial construction or maintenance related field
- Required minimum 2 years experience in commercial painting
- Required attention to detail, aptitude in appropriate tools including brushes, rollers, airless sprayers, caulk guns, etc.
- Minor drywall repair and patching of drywall and CMU walls.
- Preparing on site conditions including assembling scaffolds, covering surfaces and fixtures, etc.
- Preparing walls and other surfaces for paint by scraping, sanding, removing old coatings, filling cracks/ holes, etc.
- Examine surfaces and existing coatings to determine material types.
- Prepare and apply coatings to interior and exterior surfaces including drywall, CMU, concrete, brick, doorframes, casework, trim, metal accents, fencing, etc.
- Adhere to all health and safety precautions per MSDS.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by Director/ Assistant Director of Physical Plant
POSTED: October 19, 2018
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To Be Determined