POSITION: Commercial Industrial Electrician
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must be able to read, interpret, and follow construction drawings and follow verbal instructions related to construction
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds, climb and work from ladders, scaffolds, or lifts
- Must be able to continuously walk, climb stairs, stand, bend, and squat. Must be able to work in all outdoor seasonal conditions
- Must be able to respond to after hour calls
- Required two years’ experience in electrical work
- First responder to all electrical service requests.
- Perform routine electrical maintenance including, but not limited to checking, trouble shooting, repair, and/or replace the following: circuits, light fixtures, lamps/ ballasts, receptacles, occupancy sensors, switches, and motors.
- Work independently to complete electrical tasks and projects as assigned by the lead electrician
- Assist lead electrician with more complex repair and renovation electrical jobs.
- Assist lead electrician with new construction electrical installation including building service, inverters, interior/ exterior lighting, and site lighting.
- Keep shop and truck stocked and orderly.
- Learn and follow procedures for fire alarm responses and power outages.
- Learn and follow procedures for responding to work orders related to elevators.
- Maintain a professional work environment, abiding by NWCC rules and policies.
- Participate in crew meetings and attend safety meetings.
- Respond to call in work after hours and on weekends.
- Respond to inclement weather events, possibly at times when campus is closed.
- Any and all other duties in the areas of the physical plant construction, maintenance, grounds, etc. as assigned by the Assistant Director, and/ or Director of the Physical Plant.
POSTED: October 19, 2018
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To Be Determined