POSITION: Practical Nursing Instructor– Ashland, Mississippi
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a graduate of an approved associate degree school of nursing, bachelor’s degree preferred. Must currently hold an unencumbered Mississippi Nursing License. Must have at least three years’ clinical experience within the last five years as a registered nurse in a clinical setting or two years’ experience as faculty in a nursing/allied health program. Instructional experience preferred.
- Maintain health care specific requirements such as CPR certification, TB skin tests and criminal background checks to satisfy the requirements of affiliated clinical agencies.
- Provide competent knowledgeable instruction in the clinical and theoretical areas of nursing.
- Maintain high standards and promote excellence in education.
- Participate in and contribute to the team-teaching of classroom and clinical courses and mode team-enhancing behavior for students.
- Serve as a role model for students in professional interaction with other health workers and with clinical facilities.
- Maintain a positive rapport with students, faculty and administration at all times.
- Promote positive and productive relationships with service area hospitals, clinics, business, industries, agencies.
- Assist in scheduling and confirming use of clinical sites.
- Assist in scheduling curriculum content and classroom scheduling.
- Continue as competent faculty in nursing by seeking new knowledge, improving teaching skills, and updating professional competencies.
- Collect, record, maintain, and submit accurate class records including grades, absences, withdrawal and /or class drop information to appropriate offices.
- Serve on college, division and nursing staff committees as needed.
- Evaluate the progress of student in all classes according to instructional, divisional, departmental, and individual criteria.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of materials such as those used in academic administration when requested, including course syllabi, program outlines, articulation, and bulletin materials.
- Participate in scheduled in-service activities, such as the Career-Technical Education Summer Conference, staff meeting both program and facility wide, and the Mississippi Licensed Practical Nurse Association conference.
- Perform any other professional duties as assigned by the campus career-technical dean, district dean of Career, Technical and Workforce Education, vice president for educational affairs, or the President.
POSTED: June 12, 2018
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: July 13, 2018
STARTING DATE: August 1, 2018