Position: ABE/HSE Instructor
- Faculty who teach adult basic education courses below the collegiate level must have a baccalaureate degree.
- Two (2) years work experience as a classroom instructor preferred.
- Attend new teacher training within the first year of employment.
- Must be able to complete a minimum of twenty (30) hours of approved adult education staff development yearly.
- Provide classroom instruction in reading, writing, mathematics, science, social studies and basic skills to adult learners who do not have a high school diploma.
- Assist in the development and incorporation of lessons that support the development of higher-order thinking skills, organizational skills, and skills to support students in their future endeavors such as postsecondary education, career pathways and employment.
- Provide lessons adapted for differentiated instruction incorporating College and Career Readiness Standards
- Contribute to the development of strategies to improve instruction, including classroom management techniques.
- Assisting in planning, organizing, promoting and monitoring the ABE/GED program for NWCC.
- Attend all local staff development.
- Attend state staff development.
- Maintain an understanding of current and emerging instructional Andragogy in adult education.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSTED: June 5, 2018
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: July 5, 2018
STARTING DATE: To Be Determined